Jason Shwartzmann rocks my socks!!

Started by Crash, September 15, 2003, 05:26:48 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhe used to rake my lawn...i served him lemonade and ham and cheese sandwiches for his breaks....

I'm having a Lawnmower Man flashback...

Slick Shoes

So, uh, has anybody seen that new sitcom he's in: Cracking up? It is being executive produced by Mike White, who also wrote the pilot. I caught an episode last night. It's pretty good. There's no laugh track and I was surprised at how much the camera moved and whatnot. It didn't feel like your average television show. It definitely has a more cinematic feel to it...

modage

it's like a malcolm in the middle not a 8 simple rules.  a undeclared, not that 70s show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

Quote from: Slick ShoesSo, uh, has anybody seen that new sitcom he's in: Cracking up? It is being executive produced by Mike White, who also wrote the pilot. I caught an episode last night. It's pretty good. There's no laugh track and I was surprised at how much the camera moved and whatnot. It didn't feel like your average television show. It definitely has a more cinematic feel to it...

It's so fucking weird, I caught the pilot of that show without knowing what it was and I was sure it was some obscure low budget 2002 movie. I tought it was rather lame

Ernie

I was too mesmerized by the duo of Schwartzman and Zooey Deschanel (!) to really see the first one for what it was. I need to see it again.

I sure hope she's a regular on the show!!!

Henry Hill

i love this show. :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup: i think it was the spring preview issue of EW, but apparently jason was an 11th hour re-cast. interesting.

meatball

Henry Hill

john c. reilly was on Cracking Up last night. did anyone see it? i couldnt believe it. hilarious. classic reilly. its all in the family with mike white and linklater. miguel arteta even directed an episode. last night it was penelope spheeris. its like the movie world on tv. i hope this show gets picked up next year.

A Matter Of Chance

Crash

i started this thread like two years ago. how beautiful i was back then. this is really funny.
i still like jason schwartzman and i wish i could see shopgirl even though girls are yuck and so is steve martin.
whooops! just kidding. i suck. i am pretty pathetic person. i love the schwartz.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.