Jason Shwartzmann rocks my socks!!

Started by Crash, September 15, 2003, 05:26:48 PM

Crash

dudes, Jason S. is seriously one of the best actors out there. he was such a pimp in rushmore!! i wonder if he's made any other films. and i just found out yesterday that he's the drummer for Phantom Planet. i so didn't know that. but then i also found out yesterday that he quit the band. oh well... but i wanna see some other movies by him. (did you know his brother is the lead singer for Rooney?)
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

cine

martinthewarrior

I like your potemkin picture cinephile.

Spike

He was in Jonas Akerlunds "Spun". Fucking great film!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

kassius

I read somewhere that Bill Murray couldn't stand working with him on "Rushmore".

Could anybody confirm this?

socketlevel

i bet you he's a total asshole.  any special feature i've seen him in, jason comes across like a true douche bag.  i loved him in rushmore but i bet that's what he's really like in real life.  just some spoiled kid that got into the industry from uncle francis.  he's the type of kid i want to punch in the face.  mason was the true talent that had diversity.
the one last hit that spent you...

modage

i met him a couple times.  he was really nice and polite.  didnt seem like he was too cool for me or anything.  he told me he had a jacket just like mine he was going to wear on letterman and that he was going to be meeting with wes to talk about the new movie (this was a long time ago).  he was cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Did anybody catch that new commercial for the Cell-phone that slides open starring a dude with a mop of dark hair, an oval face and donning a blazer acting too mature for his age??

It's not an exact rip-off, but it screams Schwartzman and Anderson at points. I like it because of this. I don't like rip-offs of original styles alot, but I'll let this one slide.

Gamblour.

I hear (or read) that he's really short. modage, can you confirm or disconfirm this?
WWPTAD?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Gamblor du JourI hear (or read) that he's really short. modage, can you confirm or disconfirm this?

IMDB says he's 5' 5", which means he's a little bit shorter than me, something I thought was impossible.
Si

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Crashi just found out yesterday that he's the drummer for Phantom Planet.

Yep, and the pianist.

socketlevel

he used to be the drummer for phantom planet.  i heard he is no longer with them.  i think they kicked him out or something.
the one last hit that spent you...

Sleuth

the singer is the guy who pulls a knife on Donnie Darko
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Slogthe singer is the guy who pulls a knife on Donnie Darko

Oh, Ashton Kutcher!  :shock:

NEON MERCURY

he used to rake my lawn...i served him lemonade and ham and cheese sandwiches for his breaks....