Christian Bale

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 31, 2003, 09:09:12 PM

Vile5

will he be the next Batman and his director will be Christopher Nolan?????? :shock:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Sleuth

Quote from: Vile5will he be the next Batman and his director will be Christopher Nolan?????? :shock:

yes
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

..good, good, good..casting bale was/is right... :yabbse-thumbup:

Vile5

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: Vile5will he be the next Batman and his director will be Christopher Nolan?????? :shock:

yes

i must to watch that movie :yabbse-smiley:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

Bale digs spurs into 'Yuma' redo
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Christian Bale is close to a deal to star opposite Russell Crowe in James Mangold's "3:10 to Yuma." Relativity Media is stepping in to finance the film, which has been without a home since Columbia Pictures put it into turnaround earlier this summer.

The move is certain to give Mangold a sigh of relief as the Western remake is taking a tortuous journey to the screen. Columbia spent four years developing the film, which it had hoped to start filming this summer.

Tom Cruise had been circling the film for his follow-up to "Mission: Impossible III," with Eric Bana rumored to be in pursuit of a role as well.

But by June, Cruise and Bana were no longer in the mix, and Columbia put "Yuma" in turnaround, leaving producer Cathy Konrad and Mangold to shop the project to various studios.

Fox 2000 was believed to be the front-runner based on Konrad and Mangold's relationship with topper Elizabeth Gabler, who championed their "Walk the Line."

Now, Relativity plans to finance the film, either in whole or in part, and is currently in negotiations with Columbia. Relativity has not yet lined up a distributor.

Relativity sees the movie as a one-off project, separate from its other business with Sony, Columbia's parent company. In May, Relativity sank $385 million into 11 Columbia films, a move that came on the heels of its investment of $400 million in January into the production costs of an additional 11 of the studio's films.

"Yuma" is based on the 1957 film that starred Glenn Ford as captured outlaw Ben Wade, who finds himself in the custody of small-time rancher Dan Evans. The rancher is secretly trying to take the outlaw to a railway station to catch a train to Yuma for the outlaw's court date. A battle of wills ensues.

Mangold's take sees Crowe as the outlaw and Bale as the rancher. Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Stuart Beattie have all contributed to the screenplay.

The movie is on track for a fall shoot, after the Endeavor-repped Bale films "I'm Not There," Todd Haynes' fractured Bob Dylan biopic. After "Yuma," Bale, who has "The Prestige" opening Oct. 20, will then segue to his "Batman Begins" sequel, "The Dark Knight," which is scheduled to start shooting in late winter or spring.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

gob

Although it wasn't perfect I thought Harsh Times was a decent movie and Christian Bale was awesome in it, intense as hell. He's an interesting geezer who chooses consistently interesting movies to do and doesn't just go for easy paychecks. I salute you sir.

soixante

I respect Bale a great deal.  He looked like he was on death's door in The Machinist.  I've seen actors lose weight for roles before, but not like this.  I'm looking forward to Harsh Times.  Sounds like a bravura performance -- and what a contrast from his part in the New World.

Music is your best entertainment value.