Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Ravi

http://thedigitalbits.com/

Sony has set Monty Python's Life of Brian: The Immaculate Edition for release on DVD and Blu-ray on 11/6. The 2-disc DVD (SLP $24.96) will include digitally remastered anamorphic widescreen video, The Readthrough - a newly-discovered feature-length recording of the first full-length read through of the film's script, a newly-created hour-long documentary entitled The Story of Brian, 5 digitally-enhanced deleted scenes, newly-illustrated radio spots promoting the theatrical release and two audio commentaries, one with Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle and Terry Jones, and another with John Cleese and Michael Palin. The Blu-ray will include all of the above on a single disc (SLP $28.95). Good news indeed. "No one... is to stone ANYONE... until I blow this whistle!"

Ravi

w/o horse

Movies included: Pink Flamingos, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Player, The Mask, Seven, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Boogie Nights, Wag the Dog, The Wedding Singer, Rush Hour, Blow, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Elf, The Notebook, and Wedding Crashers.

Who buys these collections of random movies?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ravi

I've always wanted a Waters/Altman/PTA/Jackson/Ratner box set.

cine

wow they really did it.

they actually made a Douchebag Movie Box Set.

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile on November 17, 2007, 01:07:11 PM
wow they really did it.

they actually made a Douchebag Movie Box Set.

Ahem...

or the Xixax equivalent:

MacGuffin

Warner has revealed that they'll deliver a Bonnie and Clyde: Two-Disc Special Edition on DVD (SRP $20.97), Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD on 3/25 (SRP $28.99 each), with extras set to include a History Channel documentary, deleted scenes, screen test footage and more. An Ultimate Edition will also be available that will include a 36-page book and a reproduction of the original press book (SRP $39.92).

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 10, 2008, 10:32:49 AM
Stefen, for my fav. films (My top 6: Blue velvet, LA Confidential, Almost Famous untitled, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, and Magnolia) I'll rebuy on blu-ray.

Warner has finally set the L.A. Confidential: Special Edition for release on DVD (SRP $20.97) and Blu-ray Disc ($28.99) on 9/23. Extras on both will include audio commentary by film critic Andrew Sarris, an isolated music-only track, 14 deleted scenes, the 2000 L.A. Confidential TV pilot, the Whatever You Desire: Making L.A. Confidential documentary, 7 featurettes (Sunlight and Shadow: The Visual Style of L.A. Confidential, A True Ensemble: The Cast of L.A. Confidential, L.A. Confidential: From Book to Screen, Off the Record, Photo Pitch, The L.A. of L.A. Confidential and Hollywood Center Motel), trailers and TV spots, and the film's soundtrack promo..
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 15, 2008, 01:15:23 AM
Stefen, for my fav. films (My top 6: Blue velvet, LA Confidential, Almost Famous untitled, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, and Magnolia) I'll rebuy on blu-ray.

Warner has finally set the L.A. Confidential: Special Edition for release on DVD (SRP $20.97) and Blu-ray Disc ($28.99) on 9/23. Extras on both will include audio commentary by film critic Andrew Sarris, an isolated music-only track, 14 deleted scenes, the 2000 L.A. Confidential TV pilot, the Whatever You Desire: Making L.A. Confidential documentary, 7 featurettes (Sunlight and Shadow: The Visual Style of L.A. Confidential, A True Ensemble: The Cast of L.A. Confidential, L.A. Confidential: From Book to Screen, Off the Record, Photo Pitch, The L.A. of L.A. Confidential and Hollywood Center Motel), trailers and TV spots, and the film's soundtrack promo..
I know Mac, I'm SOOOOO Excited
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 06, 2007, 09:06:39 PM
Warner has revealed that they'll deliver a Bonnie and Clyde: Two-Disc Special Edition on DVD (SRP $20.97), Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD on 3/25 (SRP $28.99 each), with extras set to include a History Channel documentary, deleted scenes, screen test footage and more. An Ultimate Edition will also be available that will include a 36-page book and a reproduction of the original press book (SRP $39.92).

did anyone else buy this?
i did. i thought the packaging was a little overkill*.
you see those two bound looking booking things on the top left with bonnie and clyde on the front?
you literally open it up and that just hold the dvds.

*though i guess that's what "ultimate" editions are all about...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

mogwai

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 15, 2008, 02:01:40 AM
Quote from: MacGuffin on July 15, 2008, 01:15:23 AM

I know Mac, I'm SOOOOO Excited

count me in, this is going to be capdelicious!

w/o horse

DVDTalk:
QuoteOne item that's surely going to be on my wish-list this year is Fox's impressive Murnau, Borzage and Fox Box Set. A followup to last year's Ford at Fox set, this collection will feature 12 films from the Hollywood legends, an all-new feature length documentary, and two exclusive hard-cover books. It will be released on 12-9-08
Amazon reader description:
QuoteThis collection contains 2 F.W. Murnau films and 10 films directed by Frank Borzage from the late silent through the early talkie era. Many of these have long been unavailable.

Silent Films:

Murnau's entries include:
Sunrise (1927) - The story of a farmer ready to forsake his wife and home for a city woman on vacation in their village. She suggests that the husband drown his wife and make it look like an accident. Beautiful visuals make you sorry the silent era ever ended. Already available on DVD in the Fox Best Picture Collection. This film won the only Oscar ever awarded for best artistic film.

City Girl (1930) - This film exists in a sound and silent version. I hope this version is the silent one I saw. Charles Farrell plays the son in a farming family sent to sell the family wheat crop. He doesn't get the money the family hoped for plus he returns with a city girl as wife. This film doesn't show life on the farm as the ideal, but shows the harsh economic reality of farming. As usual, Murnau will thrill you with his excellent visuals.

Borzage films:
Lazybones (1925) - A man knicknamed "Lazybones" raises a homeless girl. After she is grown, he begins to love her as a woman. This story may sound familiar, but Borzage throws some curves in along the way so don't expect the conventional ending or conventional journey to that ending.

Seventh Heaven (1928) - One of several popular pairings of Charles Farrell and Janet Gaynor. Janet Gaynor plays a girl beaten almost to death by her sister who is rescued by Farrell, who plays a sewer worker who has become an atheist. The romance is interrupted by war. Farrell becomes a soldier, Gaynor becomes a munitions worker. Remade in the sound era, this silent version is much better. One of three films that won Janet Gaynor a Best Actress Oscar.

Street Angel (1928) - Janet Gaynor plays an Italian girl accused of being a street walker who hides from the police by joinig a traveling circus. There she falls in love with a vagabond artist played by Charles Farrell. Full of splendid visuals.

Lucky Star (1929) - Janet Gaynor is again teamed with Charles Farrell in this late silent era film about a man who is left in wheelchair as a result of injuries suffered in World War I. This film gives Farrell more of a chance to show his acting abilities than his previous teamings with Janet Gaynor, although she gives a good performance too.

Talking films:

They Had to See Paris (1929) - Borzage directs Will Rogers' first talking picture. Will Rogers plays a homespun man who comes into money via an oil well. His wife decides they must go abroad to get some culture into their life. This film is a little stiff as are most early talkies, but it is still full of Will Rogers' unique brand of humor.

Liliom (1930) - Early talkie adaptation of the play with Charles Farrell in the title role. The sound on the prints I've been exposed to in the past has been terrible. Let's hope that part of the reason for the cost of this set is cleaning up the sound.

Song O' My Heart (1930) - Mainly made to exhibit the singing talent of John McCormack. Also, this is the film debut of Maureen O'Hara. The sound on this film the last time I saw it was terrible. It will be great to hear McCormack as others heard him eighty years ago.

Bad Girl (1931) - Won two Oscars - one for Borzage's direction and another for adapted writing. This film is really about a struggling young couple's ups and downs. I really have no idea why it is named "Bad Girl" unless it was because tantalizing titles sold tickets in the era of the precode film. Like the stars of many early talkies, the stars of this film did not have distinguished careers.

After Tomorrow (1932) - Charles Farrell stars in a genuine precode with lots of racy language. At heart, though, it is a melodrama like so much of Borzage's work. Not well known probably due to its lack of exposure on TV or home video.

Young America (1932) - Spencer Tracy in a very early role. Tracy plays a druggist whose wife wants to adopt a kid who is constantly getting in trouble. His last brush with the law involves stealing medicine from Tracy's drugstore.

This set also includes a documentary on Murnau, whose career was cut short by his death in a traffic accident in 1931, and Borzage, whose career as a director was quite active into the 1940's. Other announcements have claimed that what fragments exist of Borzage's 1929 film, "The River", shall also be in this set as an extra feature. That report is as of now unsubstantiated.

Soundtrack: English Dolby Digital mono; Subtitles: English, French, Spanish.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

w/o horse

Part of:

which has:

Tartuffe / The Haunted Castle / Faust / Nosferatu / The Last Laugh / The Finances of the Grand Duke

meaning also:

As everything else is repeated.  Still very excited.

03/17/09

MacGuffin

Warner has also just announced the BD release of Heat on 11/3 (SRP $28.99). Heat will feature an all-new HD transfer supervised by director Michael Mann himself. Extras will include commentary by Mann, 3 featurettes (The Making of Heat, Pacino and De Niro: The Conversation and Return to the Scene of the Crime), as well as deleted scenes and theatrical trailers.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Captain of Industry