disturbing films

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 16, 2003, 11:39:56 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: NEON MERCURY..saw last House on the Left..As the film itself i thought is was good..***/*****...But it really wasn't that disturbing or anything.but Nonetheless still an uneasy film..What  i liked most was the music ..for a UNRATEFD HORROR FILM this music was an odd choice..Reminded me of simon & garfunk...I thought it was cool..A Question though>was the music supossed to be upbeat like that and more "happy or did craven decide to use it in a horror film to be diferent?..The film was almost campy really ...except for the primative "bobbit" sequence......OUCH!

Last house on the left, I hated that! It's remake of the ingmar bergman masterpiece The Virgin Spring (bergman's best work imo)and complete shit compared to it. I feel uneasy just to relate these two films.

is it  available on vhs/dvd?.......

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000073650

... 8) .thanks!.

rustinglass

Quote from: NEON MERCURY... 8) .thanks!.

you're welcome. if you buy it..tell me what you think.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Monsoon

I found "Kids" by Larry Clark really disturbing when I first saw it.  I knew kids very similar to those portrayed in the film and it was one of the first films that I saw with that sort of intense realism in the way it depicted those youngsters.  The complete lack of any moral compass of some of those kids freaked me out.  "Bully" was a lot like that too of course, but I was already prepped from having seen quite a few films riffing on that style.
The thought that stops thought is the thought that ought to be stopped.

lamas

I'm surprised noone's mentioned Vulgar.  Nothing beats some good clown rape.  Oh yeah!

Ravi

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: lamasI'm surprised noone's mentioned Vulgar.  Nothing beats some good clown rape.  Oh yeah!

wich gay  rapist brother in that film did you play

ono

Did a search, and I think Santa sangre was mentioned in this thread already.  Ebert's just recently reviewed it as one of his "Great Movies."

Along those lines is El Topo (The Gopher) / (The Mole), another odd one, and seemingly disturbing as well.  I so want to see this, as just the name of this director seems so infamous and illustrious, and I've heard this mentioned in passing time and time again.  I've seen this film for sale on ebay, as I know it's been tied up legally for some reason or another and may not see a real release of any sort.  So is the ebay route the wisest way to go to see this one?

cine

Oh yeah, no doubt about it.. I've been debating that one too and I've been looking to purchase any Jodorowsky film I can get my hands on (I was the one who mentioned him earlier in the thread btw).
It'd be funny to see an xixax action fight on one of his films, because I'd win anyhow   :twisted:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MonsoonI found "Kids" by Larry Clark really ... intense realism in the way it depicted those youngsters.

um.... :? ..you can't be serious

Ghostboy

I like Santa Sangre...Ebert's recent article describes it pretty accurately, so if it sounds like something that would interest you, you should definitely check it out.

El Topo isn't as good. It's got some really kickass stuff in it, but there's also a lot of symbolism that's just...well, too obvious for my tastes. But it's intensely memorable. If you're into cult classics, it's worth owning. If you just want to see it, most major cities will have a cult or underground video store with a copy for rent. It's not too hard to get ahold of.

Supposedly, the film he's getting to work on now is The Son Of El Topo. And Marilyn Manson is very much involved.

jasper_window

I just saw Irreversible a few eeks ago and that was very disturbing.  Henry: Portrait of a serial Killer when I first saw it.  The Pianist left me shaken for awhile as well.

Raikus

Wow. 5 pages of disturbing movies and Doom Generation hasn't been mentioned yet.

That's my #1.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaikusWow. 5 pages of disturbing movies and Doom Generation hasn't been mentioned yet.

That's my #1.

.never seen it.....what makes it disturbing?.

RegularKarate

Quote from: RaikusWow. 5 pages of disturbing movies and Doom Generation hasn't been mentioned yet.
That's my #1.

Quote from: NEON MERCURY[
.never seen it.....what makes it disturbing?.

How much it sucks.

Raikus

Of the things I remember, a man eating his own semen and a penis getting cut off with gardening shears.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.