double dipping makes sphinx sad

Started by sphinx, January 30, 2003, 09:08:10 AM

sphinx

WB has announced that on April 29, they will release a special edition DVD of the Matrix.
The double-disc special edition DVD of The Matrix hits stores in time for the May 15 theatrical release of The Matrix Reloaded. Prebook is April 1. The DVD is priced at $27.95.

The special edition DVD includes commentary by actress Carrie-Anne Moss, visual effects supervisor John Gaeta and editor Zach Staenberg; a 26-minute documentary Making the Matrix; a music-only track with commentary; nine Follow the White Rabbit interactive feature jumps; Take the Red Pill hidden special effects documentaries; a musical montage; and an anatomy of Bullet Time.

The DVD-ROM includes an interactive screenplay, an Are You the One challenge; and seven genre essays and articles on the movie.

The second disc includes Preload: On the Set of Reloaded; episodes 1&2 of The Animatrix: The Second Renaissance; a Marilyn Manson music video; a What Is the Game teaser for the new Enter The Matrix videogame from Infogrames; the previously released two-hour The Matrix Revisited with six featurettes; a sample of music from Reloaded; and an Animatrix preview.

The DVD also includes a free ticket offer to The Matrix Reloaded.

sigh.  the second disc seems devoted just to the sequels.  just sequel fodder...wraa

RegularKarate

Yeah, why should I pay extra for some more commercials.  Fuck that.

Jeremy Blackman

This reminds me of the unethical practice of putting pre-menu trailers on DVDs. Isn't Warner Bros doing that a lot?

Gold Trumpet

Lord of The Rings has competition in silliness for dvd releases.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

How about a Sydney re-release, let PTA do a few more commentaries, Id buy it.

Satcho9

"ehhhhhh...How do you say in English?....ehhhhhh Fuck THat?!"

sphinx

columbia does that for sequels a lot.

they rereleased men in black and stuart little in time for their sequels.  watch it happen with ocean's eleven, too....

bonanzataz

ocean's 11 is warner brothers.

EDIT: Wait, were you just saying matter of factly that columbia does it and so does warner brothers? If so all is forgiven. If not...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazocean's 11 is warner brothers.

yeah, i realized some people would be like

ocean's 11?  that's fucking warner brothers, not fucking columbia!  WHAT THE FUCK, SPHINX!  WHAT THE FUCK[/u][/color]

i, however, did not take this reaction into account and decided to simply hope that people would understand that i was talking about a different studio.  but those warner brothers like to double dip.  like in the matrix, for example.

RegularKarate

Quote from: sphinx
  like in the matrix, for example.

Damn, see how he brings all back around?

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxthey rereleased men in black and stuart little in time for their sequels.  watch it happen with ocean's eleven, too....

Rounding out today's news, Creative Design Art in association with Warner Home Video will release three more repackaged collect box sets on February 25th. The three picked this time for the deluxe treatment include Ocean's Eleven (the Soderbergh remake), Amadeus: The Director's Cut and Superman The Movie. Each box comes with the same DVD release as currently available, plus the soundtrack CD, a 35mm limited edition film frame Senitype, a collectible booklet, and a special mail-in offer for a poster reproduction. The Superman set also features a fitted slipcase with 8 lobby cards, 6 black & white stills and a 27"x40" one-sheet poster. Ocean's Eleven and Amadeus retail for $59.98, and Superman will set you back $79.98
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Rudie Obias

Quote from: sphinxWB has announced that on April 29, they will release a special edition DVD of the Matrix.
The double-disc special edition DVD of The Matrix hits stores in time for the May 15 theatrical release of The Matrix Reloaded. Prebook is April 1. The DVD is priced at $27.95.

i'll wait for THE MATRIX TRILOGY: SEPCIAL EDITION box set.  (if the WB ever releases one.)  that's what i'm waiting for with LORD OF THE RINGS.

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

Quote from: rudieobi'll wait for THE MATRIX TRILOGY: SEPCIAL EDITION box set.  (if the WB ever releases one.)  that's what i'm waiting for with LORD OF THE RINGS.

*rudie*

Rumors are spreading around the 'Net that The Matrix Reloaded, due in theaters next May 16, will hit DVD a mere three months later. The rumored August 2003 release supposedly will be a 3-disc set, with the first two films and a third disc of bonus features. The third film in the trilogy, The Matrix: Revolutions, will be released in - what else? - another multi-disc set in early 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffin
Rumors are spreading around the 'Net that The Matrix Reloaded, due in theaters next May 16, will hit DVD a mere three months later. The rumored August 2003 release supposedly will be a 3-disc set, with the first two films and a third disc of bonus features. The third film in the trilogy, The Matrix: Revolutions, will be released in - what else? - another multi-disc set in early 2004.

that makes me want to Kung-Fu kick one of the executives in charge of dvd marketing at Warner to the far side of a room and then jump inside them and make them explode.

nearly a year later edit: but then they'd multiply i guess.