Luis Fucking Guzmán

Started by BrainSushi, August 12, 2003, 06:02:47 AM

BrainSushi

You know you've made star status when you occupy the upper left banner at Xixax.com... pour the fucking milk, man!

Let's talk about how much we love this Peurto Rican God... aka, "The Ultimate Latin Lover." There is no Latin Lover like Luis.

One thing that always fascinated me about Luis was that he bears a striking resemblence to a Peruvian guy I once knew named Carlos. One day, Carlos will be a character in one of my movies... played by Luis Guzmán.

I certainly can't wait for his TV show (which will most likely fail). It's gonna be great... one last thing... anybody else think Luis resembles a gorilla? If he were a wrestler or a BASEketball player, he'd be known as Luis "The Gorilla" Guzmán.

aclockworkjj

when's his show start....I bet it will only last a season or 2, I mean, it's no Joe Millionaire or anything....(this reality TV bullshit has made me stop watchin' TV)

but I am still curious to see it.

Pedro

thread about the show
Guzman is fucking great.  The banner has once again given me faith in Xixax.

Find Your Magali

Maybe the problem is that they SHOULDN'T have put Luis in a sitcom.

They should have put him in a reality series: "Living with Luis."

In Week 1, there are a dozen people just hanging out with Luis. Each week, Luis eliminates the least-cool person, until there's just one left.

Each week would have a different adventure theme: Going to the beach with Luis, going hiking with Luis, going to the mall with Luis, going fishing with Luis and his good friend Don Cheadle.

BrainSushi

Getting stoned with Luis and then saying, "I was ACTING stoned."

Derek237

Funniest Guzman line ever:

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO THERE! I TOLD YOU!!"

Just Withnail

It's a shame his Boogie Nights scene with Graham got deleted, it's a riot.

"My dick is really small"  :lol: The guy cracks me up.

Am I the only one who loves the way he says "hello" when he picks up the phone?

Too bad the TV show probably won't last  :cry:

Ernie

Quote from: WithnailAm I the only one who loves the way he says "hello" when he picks up the phone?

You are not alone...I love and notice that each and every time, it's great.

I also love the "baby baby, what am I telling you here? Yes, please, ask Jack."...or whatever all that is, that is so funny and great.

aclockworkjj

"Hey, wanna hear a joke?"
I even liked his character in traffic a lot...kinda added some comic relief to a sorta dim flick...

Gamblour.

"Why are hurricanes named after women? Because when they arrive, they're wet and wild, and when they leave they take your house and your car."

I wanted to tell that joke to some friends the other day, but half the joke is knowing the movie. Oh well  :(
WWPTAD?

Vile5

Quote from: BrainSushi...One thing that always fascinated me about Luis was that he bears a striking resemblence to a Peruvian guy I once knew named Carlos. One day, Carlos will be a character in one of my movies... played by Luis Guzmán...
Yeaaaahhhhhh Luis Guzmán looks like many many many peruvian guys and that's what i love of him he's the real latin guy, he's not a Ricky Martin but i think he has more personality and he's a great actor, i cried when he died in Traffic, and i loved him in Punch Drunk Love just an actor like him could get your attention in just few minutes and saying almost anything!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Luis Guzman and Craig Ferguson have scored roles in the Brad Silberling-directed "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" for Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks. The role is a fortunate turn for Guzman as his Fox sitcom "Luis" was canceled after four showings. Guzman and Ferguson join Jim Carrey, Meryl Streep, Jude Law and Jennifer Coolidge in the film, which is based on Daniel Handler's children's book series and is being produced by Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald, Albie Hecht and Julia Pistor. Emily Browning and Liam Aiken round out the cast.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

one of his first roles in a major motion picture, what's the name of the movie?

the member who answers first with the correct answer wins a autographed copy of the "macguffin on macguffin" book signed by the man himself.

Ravi

mogwai

Quote from: RaviCrocodile Dundee II?
we've got a winner!