Jude Law

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 01, 2003, 03:49:38 PM

NEON MERCURY

Road to Perdition....A.I........The Talented Mr. Ripley......Gattaca...eXistenZ..and soon Cold Mountain........those films already completed  feature great performances by him..

O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S

filmcritic

Terrific actor! Got an Oscar nomination for "Ripley".
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

MacGuffin

JUDE LAW SET TO PLAY BOWIE  

British acting hunk JUDE LAW is set to play rock legend DAVID BOWIE, in a new movie about his life.

Law met Bowie backstage at the singer's REALITY concert at New York's Madison Square Garden last week, where the two both expressed an interest in the project.

A Source close to Bowie says, "There's just so much material for a film and Jude could play him perfectly."

Bowie's spokesman refused to confirm plans, but teased, "They are very good friends and David always has lots of ideas for new projects."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

I remember watching Gattaca and Ripley and A.I...he's gonna be awesome in I Heart Huckabee's...the pictures on joblo.com look hilarious:

WWPTAD?

Alethia

absolutley fan-fucking-tastic in AI, okay in road to perdition, good in ripley, etc etc etc

Sleuth

I just came back from the future and he was fucking awesome in the David Bowie movie
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: SlogI just came back from the future and he was fucking awesome in the David Bowie movie
dude. did u check out Chris Cunningham's first four movies? i guess u would've only seen the first. but how awesome was it!
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

uhh wait, is Cold Mountain the David Bowie movie?
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Jude Law is very talented and extremely suave and good-looking in that English way; I was most impressed by his Perdition performance, as it went furthest against his typecast (whereas Ripley probably went closest to it). I'm seeing Cold Mountain tomorrow, not least for his presence...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

Law has a very impressive list of upcoming films. He's remaking "Alfie" in the title role. He's playing Errol Flynn in "The Aviator". He's the star of David O. Russell's new comedy "I Heart Huckabee's". He plays the title role of "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" alongside Jim Carrey and Meryl Streep (Luis Guzman too!). He's also got some intriguing romances coming up too.
Oh, and I loved him in A.I. too.

mogwai

jude's great. if there was a movie being made about blur he would be perfect as damon albarn.

Finn

Did anyone see him on Inside the Actors Studio last night?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

E-Snizz

Yeah, great interview. Taped it. Coming from a hetero-guy, Jude Law would probably be the only dude to make me switch teams.  :wink:

godardian

Quote from: E-SnizzYeah, great interview. Taped it. Coming from a hetero-guy, Jude Law would probably be the only dude to make me switch teams.  :wink:

You are so not the only straight guy I know of who feels that way about the hunka burnin' love that is Jude Law.

That Actor's Studio is always featuring people who will do that. I saw Naomi Watts today, who is among my own select group of celebrity team-switch inspirations. She's physically very relaxed and confident and charming- not to mention beautiful- which seem like such erotic qualities to me.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Gold Trumpet

I like him and think he can be very good with roles, but I'm waiting for him to move on to some really important roles. A.I. and Road to Perdition saw him in roles that were relegated to little importance or objective. He plays Edmund in Cold Mountain to fine acting, but the writing of his role hardly goes anywhere beyond the typical romance novel hero so he explores very little. I think him playing David Bowie could finally be that bigger step I am talking about him taking.