Keira Knightley - a cheaper version of Natalie Portman

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, July 17, 2003, 12:02:48 PM

jokerspath

Ya, I'd say Keira is the victor.  I love the accent and I just find her prettier...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

A Matter Of Chance

dnthmn

Can I not just have them both???

To late :-D
Keep Well,
Dan

Recce

Man, I had no idea attraction to british accents was so rampant. I'm not judging, I find it very appealing as well. It's just surprising.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

MacGuffin

The Jacket Fits Keira Knightley
Source: Variety

Keira Knightley will star opposite Adrien Brody in The Jacket, the Mandalay Pictures/Section Eight film to be released domestically by Warner Independent Pictures. Knightley was seen in Bend It Like Beckham and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Brody plays a soldier convicted of murder who, during his treatment in a psychiatric hospital, comes to believe he is traveling through time. Knightley plays the object of his searching, a woman he met as a child and is fated to love. Her character assists Brody in his quest to determine if he is truly a killer.

John Maybury (Love Is the Devil) will direct the script by Marc Rocco and Massy Tadjedin.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Keira is the current girl I'm jealous of. In a non-negative way of course. I think Natalie is gorgeous as well but in interviews she seems like a know it all.

MacGuffin

British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY rushed to the bedside of ex-lover DEL SYNOTT after hearing he was so heartbroken he had tried to take his own life.

The teenage PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL star dated Synott for two years but broke up with him in the summer - and two weeks ago, her devastated former beau took a suspected overdose.

Synott was reportedly pushed over the edge when he heard Keira was dating Irish model JAMIE DORMAN - but now the actress has taken a break from her new romance to be by the side of her former lover.

Keira is supposed to be in Ireland filming her role as GUINEVERE in new film KING ARTHUR, but has flown to London to be by Synott's side as he recovers.

A pal confides, "She was mortified when she found out what had happened to Del. She rushed to his bedside and stayed all night.

"When we heard he was in hospital we all assumed the worst because he had been so upset about breaking up from Keira. She has insisted that she have a break from Jamie until everything is sorted out."

The source adds, "Del is not working much at the moment and had too much time to brood on the whole affair. He got really low. He is much better now and trying to get on with his life."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

That's one fucked up love triangle!!!  The bitch can't commit... but she's still pretty hot...

MacGuffin

Keira Knightley to Play a Soldier Girl?
Source: Teletext

According to Teletext, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl star Keira Knightley may appear as a young woman who disguises herself as a boy in the Civil War film, Soldier Girl.

Writer/director Catherine Hardwicke said, "Keira read it and we're hoping she'll appear if she finishes all her other projects. It's a true story of a girl who disguised herself as a man for two years to fight in the war for a cause she believed in."

The Thirteen director is currently in the process of getting financing for the movie, as well as for a modern-day drama called Bulldog Dance.

"'Bulldog Dance' is about American gun culture," she added. "It's a little bit like 'Deliverance' but with girls in it, too... They're doing a little mountain biking at the weekend and get into a clash with the local people."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Keira Knightly to Star in Pride and Prejudice

According to Screen Daily, "Pirates of the Caribbean" and King Arthur star Keira Knightley is in advanced talks to play Elizabeth Bennet in Working Title Films' Jane Austen adaptation, Pride and Prejudice. Knightley would start shooting mid-August. The role of Darcy is still being cast.

Joe Wright will make his feature directorial debut on the classic 19th century romance. Wright previously directed two acclaimed BBC mini-series - the historical biog Charles II and contemporary drama Nature Boy. Novelist Deborah Moggach wrote the first draft of the Pride and Prejudice script, and Billy Elliot screenwriter Lee Hall did a polish.

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

jeez....she needs to take a break, she's turning into Ben Stiller
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

ono

Quote from: El Duderinojeez....she needs to take a break, she's turning into Ben Stiller
Is that really the best analogy?  Nicole Kidman, of course, comes to mind.

But yeah, she has become rather ubiquitous.  Guess she's just cashing in on the Beckham/Pirates success.  Seize it before it fades and she's not an "it" girl anymore.

Oh, and HAHAHAHAHA!

El Duderino

Quote from: Onomatopita
Quote from: El Duderinojeez....she needs to take a break, she's turning into Ben Stiller
Is that really the best analogy?

yes. think hard
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

ono

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: Onomatopita
Is that really the best analogy?
yes. think hard
I don't wanna.

meatball