Keira Knightley - a cheaper version of Natalie Portman

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, July 17, 2003, 12:02:48 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

I think we'll start seeing Keira in roles that producers/writers/directors originally thought of for Natalie Portman, but because she is probably too busy or expensive to get, they will go with Keira instead... they look so much alike!! I really can't believe the resemblance. Any thoughts on this?

Nick

modage

yeah i thought/discussed the exact same thing when i saw the Pirates trailers.  however, in person, she looks nothing like natalie portman.  have you seen her do interviews?  they sure made her up good in potc:cotbp though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

she's nothing special.

like the estella warren craze of 2001.
under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

She actually isn't too bad... maybe she'll end up being what Natalie Portman won't be... an actress with percieved versatility... Natalie Portman will forever be known as Amidala from Star Wars...

Nick

Pubrick

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickNatalie Portman will forever be known as Amidala from Star Wars...
and my wife.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Quote from: P
Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickNatalie Portman will forever be known as Amidala from Star Wars...
and my wife.

I don't see how that's possible when it's pretty much said and done that she's betrothed to me...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

"modernage.  you know i would never leave you."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI think we'll start seeing Keira in roles that producers/writers/directors originally thought of for Natalie Portman, but because she is probably too busy or expensive to get, they will go with Keira instead... they look so much alike!! I really can't believe the resemblance.

Keira played Natalie's/Queen Amadala's double in "Star Wars: Episode 1" because of that strong resemblance.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

but no one remembers/realised cos she's nothing special.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

I hope not, because...

Pubrick

not to mention those topless photos of her at the beach.
under the paving stones.

modage

mindfuck

Yeah JB, I'll forever remember Natatlie Portman as Matilda also. Her performance wasn't impressive enough (*cough*) in Star Wars for me to really remember it.

rustinglass

She was in Heat too (Natalie).
I like that scene when Pacino saves her life. that was cool.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica