Here's Magnolia for ya

Started by EL__SCORCHO, July 13, 2003, 05:19:45 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

That website makes me want to hurl... its probably run by some extreme right-wing republicans....  :evil:

Nick

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That was really great...I might read some more...I wonder what it says about Malcom X...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ShanghaiOrange

This is bullshit: http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/pre2000/i-irongiant.html

That whole website is bullshit.

Screenit.com is pretty good, actually. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Alethia

some of the user comments on that site are absolutely fucking hilarious

chainsmoking insomniac

Holy goddamn shit.  That site is indescribable.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Cecil

i cant wait for those sites to review my films. would they review a movie if i sent one to them, even if it was a low-budget direct to dvd type thing, for example?

chainsmoking insomniac

I think it's worth a try, if not for the laugh.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pwaybloe

Sigh.  They can say what they want to say.  

Y'know they do applaud artistic merit to movies.  They aren't all bible-thumping censors.  Check out this review from a well-known movie around here.  He understood the movie much more than the general public did.

markums2k

Quote from:  Megan Basham of Christian Spotlight ReviewPunch-Drunk Love ... it really is a shame this film is marred by so many, frankly distracting, obscenities.

Even when they like it, they don't like it.  That's how God wants it, apparently.

Embrace your eternal demise, people.  If you go to Hell for saying 'fuck', you're probably not safe anywhere.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: markums2kEmbrace your eternal demise, people.  If you go to Hell for saying 'fuck', you're probably not safe anywhere.

Don't you mean, "the f-word"?!?!?  :lol:

Nick

markums2k

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNick
Don't you mean, "the f-word"?!?!?  :lol:

Nick

Oh s-word!  I'm totally f-worded.

markums2k

Somebody should do a Concerned Parents review of xixax.  Have a big role model list of all the mods...  :roll:

bonanzataz

hey, markums, what the fuck are you trying to suggest you cocksucker?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pwaybloe

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from:  Megan Basham of Christian Spotlight ReviewPunch-Drunk Love ... it really is a shame this film is marred by so many, frankly distracting, obscenities.

Even when they like it, they don't like it.  That's how God wants it, apparently.

Embrace your eternal demise, people.  If you go to Hell for saying 'fuck', you're probably not safe anywhere.

Well... I see your point.  But, at the same time, critics really grasp onto what they can identify with.  This usually yields positive results and, coincidentally, a positve movie review.  

I guess the critic didn't identify with the profanity.  Some people are sheltered away from things like that in regions of the country.  But, going back to what you said, yeah, I wish she could see that profanity is as normal in life as violent outbursts are.