DVD burn, burn....

Started by aclockworkjj, July 05, 2003, 09:04:55 PM

md

ive been burning dvds for about a year and a half now on my mac running osx ripping with mactheripper and compressing with dvd2onex and burning on toast...no problems whatsoever  if any of the mac based people here need help pm me
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

tpfkabi

what does someone need to be able to take things recorded from video tape and get them on your computer and author DVD's with menus?
i have tons of musical performances i've recorded from late night tv shows and concerts on mtv and pbs of bands like radiohead, nirvana, wilco, beck and more and i would like to put them on DVD and have menus so i could watch a certain performance.  and also to keep the video quality at it's present state because the video tape will degrade every time i watch. would doing something like this require a lot of computer knowledge and $$$?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bigideaswhat does someone need to be able to take things recorded from video tape and get them on your computer and author DVD's with menus?
With a Mac, all you need is a video card (which will have the RCA inputs). Use some kind of video capture software and make the disc with DVD Studio Pro.

jasper_window

Quote from: bigideaswhat does someone need to be able to take things recorded from video tape and get them on your computer and author DVD's with menus?
i have tons of musical performances i've recorded from late night tv shows and concerts on mtv and pbs of bands like radiohead, nirvana, wilco, beck and more and i would like to put them on DVD and have menus so i could watch a certain performance.  and also to keep the video quality at it's present state because the video tape will degrade every time i watch. would doing something like this require a lot of computer knowledge and $$$?

There are lots of ways and they're all pretty easy and can be done inexpensively.  Check www.videoguys.com

tpfkabi

no, i have a PC. it's actually quite messed up right now. two error messages pop up every time i startup. i need to do a virus scan or something. i will check out that website. thanks.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Recce

Typical PC philosophy. If you get an error message, its a virus. The problem is windows, my friend.

Sorry, couldn't help it. The Mac universe is a friendly place. You should consider switching. Assuming you have an extra couple thousand to invest.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")