fear and loathing cover art revelation

Started by sphinx, January 23, 2003, 12:02:28 AM

sphinx

got my copy today too...for only $21, easy discounted price from the original $57.99.

commentaries kick ass

RegularKarate

Sphinxus... where did you get it that cheap?

MacGuffin

Got mine today (along with The Killers, One Hour Photo, Rules Of Attraction and Color Purple Spec. Ed.; thank God I saved Christmas gift cards for this day) and I must say, Terry Gilliam does some of the best commentary tracks. This one is right up there. I love it when a DVD is so jam packed it takes you days to get through all of it.

I could watch that main menu for hours.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

Quote from: RegularKarateSphinxus... where did you get it that cheap?

got it at my local future shop.  originally priced at $57.99, then a sticker that said $45.99 cheap!  then i think someone accidentally stuck on a $21.99 cheap! sticker on it, and i pretty much creamed shit my pants in the store when i saw it.  it must have been a mistake or something, future shop's website lists it as $45...it cost me more to get the rare original universal release ($30) than the criterion version.  this makes sphinx sad and happy

Ernie

Man, I went to Best Buy AND Media Play and neither one of them had it. It pisses me off with all the money I spend there. I mean, it figures that Media Play doesn't have it but I'm disappointed in Best Buy, they usually come through for me with criterions. It's weird.

sphinx

Quote from: ebeaman69Man, I went to Best Buy AND Media Play and neither one of them had it. It pisses me off with all the money I spend there. I mean, it figures that Media Play doesn't have it but I'm disappointed in Best Buy, they usually come through for me with criterions. It's weird.

my local future shop had a mere five copies in their first shipment, so i suggest you preorder or place a reservation or something with criterion titles.

MacGuffin

The first Tower Records I went to didn't have them in yet - on order. The second one I went to had only two, and only one copy of The Killers Criterion.

ebeaman, try ordering through Best Buy online. You can pick it up at your local store when it comes in.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bud_Clay

Best Buy only carries about 7% of Criterion's titles. They really arent that great. Borders and Barnes & Noble seem to be the best places to buy Criterions, on foot that is. I hate Best Buy. Best Buy is a big nazi corporation & they lie in their commericals.

©brad

Yeah but best buy is much cheaper than Barnes.

Dr. Gonzo

I couldn't get it. The only place that had it was B&N and I didn't have $40 with me. So, I just ordered it the other night for $29.50. It should be here soon. I can't wait. But I was pissed that Best Buy didn't have it. Circuit City too.