Quote from: 03 on October 01, 2009, 11:49:05 AM
Quote from: Pas Rap on September 30, 2009, 09:12:00 AM
Quote from: :P on September 30, 2009, 07:02:27 AM
be the judge judy and executioner

typo or pun?
that wasn't a typo or a pun..

I thought the expression was judge, jury and executioner, and not

and executioner.

And neil, no one said the 13 year old is a pure angel. However, if she was the devil incarnate and she had willing sex a million times before, it's still illegal to fuck 13 year olds under any circumstances so this is all moot. There is nothing stupider than a 13 year old. Even small dogs and certain insects are smarter. So adults having any sex with them is therefore illegal. She may have begged him to do all that shit for all I care it doesn't change a damn thing.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that this whole debacle shows the idea present in a lot of people's head that it's okay for artists to do illegal things because they are excentric etc.

RegularKarate

I can't believe Neil just placed blame on that girl.  Gross.

rape victims... Especially children go into a state of shock in those kinds of situation.  In hindsight, I'm sure she realized the photos were a little strange and probably shouldn't have kept having them taken, but until she's being raped, she's not sure, is she?  And while she's drugged and raped, you're saying she should have fought?  And she's somehow at fault for not doing so?  She said how afraid she was of him.

Oh, and I get where you were going with calling him a "Peder-ass", but your pun's inaccurate... a pederast is someone who fucks boys, not girls.

and Pas, "Judge Judy and Executioner" is, among other things, a joke from the Simpsons.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 01, 2009, 01:46:09 PM
and Pas, "Judge Judy and Executioner" is, among other things, a joke from the Simpsons.

Hot Fuzz, too.

As for the issue of why didn't she fight him off... first off, she was a 13-year-old girl and he was a full grown man (albeit a short man, but still); second of all, quaaludes are a sedative and a muscle relaxant. She likely couldn't have put up much of a fight if she tried.

And as Pas says, even if she wanted him to do it (which she clearly didn't, but for the sake of argument), even if she was begging him to do it, it's still rape. It's still a serious crime. The fact that she didn't want to do it, and he forced himself on her under the influence of sedatives, makes it even that much more heinous.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Yeah, reading that whole thing just makes Polanski a creep. I was under the impression it was consensual but reading that made me sick.

Also, when Polanski fled, it's not like he was living like a refugee with no home. He was living in mansions and living the good life.

Fuck him.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

I do not think it's ok, at all, never said that, just understand i just don't know much man, calm down, i'm not placing the blame, just asking questions i didn't see being talked about. and pas, don't think you're onto something there, because i specifically said either way it was illegal, maybe it comes off wrong, and i honestly should've looked up the word pederast, that's my fault, i could give a fuck less if this guy goes to prison for life, even though we all know that isn't going to happen.  Wrong is wrong, not sure where i didn't display that?  and i don't need myself quoted out on context. jesus h.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Fernando

Quote from: Stefen on October 01, 2009, 02:32:15 PM
Yeah, reading that whole thing just makes Polanski a creep. I was under the impression it was consensual but reading that made me sick.

same here, and now that I read it too also creeps me out the indifference of the woman who was there, e.g. when they arrive at jack's house and the three of them drink alcohol like it's so normal for a 13yo, then later seeing them looked in a room.

Alexandro

Quote from: Fernando on October 01, 2009, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: Stefen on October 01, 2009, 02:32:15 PM

same here, and now that I read it too also creeps me out the indifference of the woman who was there, e.g. when they arrive at jack's house and the three of them drink alcohol like it's so normal for a 13yo, then later seeing them looked in a room.

well that's 70's hollywood for ya.

pete

Quote from: Neil on October 01, 2009, 02:33:18 PM
I do not think it's ok, at all, never said that, just understand i just don't know much man, calm down, i'm not placing the blame, just asking questions i didn't see being talked about. and pas, don't think you're onto something there, because i specifically said either way it was illegal, maybe it comes off wrong, and i honestly should've looked up the word pederast, that's my fault, i could give a fuck less if this guy goes to prison for life, even though we all know that isn't going to happen.  Wrong is wrong, not sure where i didn't display that?  and i don't need myself quoted out on context. jesus h.

it's just distasteful to question a rape victim (ie. not an alleged victim) like you have.  call me old-fashioned.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Neil

I just read the briefing, and yeah he raped her, i said wrong is wrong, rape is an add on to the fact that she's 13 and he's 40+, I mean, he goes to a trial either way, i'm not taking anything away from that, it's disgusting in all aspects. dig?

I just thought it very weird that she knew the pill inscription though it was broken into 3 pieces, i mentioned that i can't fathom what comes with that sort of thing (rape) two posts back.  I said "maybe i'm insensitive to it." etc. i mean read it carefully, i wasn't intending to be rude or placing blame,  that's so disgusting man, like i said fuck the rape issue,  Him luring in a thirteen 13 old girl and attempting intercourse is disgusting and deserves appropriate  justice, if you don't think i comprehend the addition of actually drugging her and getting her drunk on champagne and raping her is horrid, then i really don't know what to say.

her 13 yr recalling of the events were gross and all that, but they sucked.  at this point i'm repeating myself because i understand it is something you would block from your mind (probably?) and she was probably too young to understand what was going on/unable to process and deal with certain emotions. I was just asking fucking questions, i got everyone's interp now.

that is 70's hollywood

Stefen

You guys are being a bit harsh on Neil.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

one-line-jabs especially  :yabbse-undecided:

anyways, rereading Neil I saw he's/you're asking questions and not being a pro-polanski like I first thought, my wrong (syntax?). But, as you say yourself, yeah she didn't fight back etc but it doesn't matter since there is no ''consensual'' here. but also it's not in everyone to do fight back. Some have a weird respect for ''grown-ups''. Also, she never seemed to be after any money or whatever so ...yeah.

Stefen

Also, she's 13 years old. While she does seem mature for 13 years old (based on the fact she states she has already had sex, been drunk and done drugs), it still doesn't change the fact she's a child and was probably deathly afraid.

Polanski just comes off as a creep. Yeah, it happened a long time ago, but still. I see the pros/cons of both sides. Yeah, it's silly that it's coming to light now after all these years just because some law dickheads want fame, but it still doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong and disgusting.

Neil

Quote from: Stefen on October 02, 2009, 05:46:20 PM
Also, she's 13 years old. While she does seem mature for 13 years old (based on the fact she states she has already had sex, been drunk and done drugs), it still doesn't change the fact she's a child and was probably deathly afraid.

Polanski just comes off as a creep. Yeah, it happened a long time ago, but still. I see the pros/cons of both sides. Yeah, it's silly that it's coming to light now after all these years just because some law dickheads want fame, but it still doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong and disgusting.

Could not agree more.  there is a lot that i don't know about this case, and the legal system for that matter. But I'll admit it,  I have said the act itself is horrid. I wasn't fully aware of the effects of Quaaludes, in the sense of muscle relaxing, i was aware kinda aware that they were downers, but didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Polka clears that up, and it is probably bullshit for me to question the victim not yelling, but all i was trying to say is (unless the other lady in the house was a creeper, not sure who she was?) one single yelp when she is *getting up* to put her panties back on, while he's at the door and something gets exposed.  I don't mean it in a derogatory way, and it's probably super easy and assholy of me to say this in hind sight. It's just that it's a recurring event(the meetings), and don't insult me here, but people try and do this shit all the time to get famous, and THIS IS NOT A JUSTIFICATION, it is just unfortunate that the worst ended up happening to the poor girl, but I ASSUME that the reason nothing had come of it is not simply because "she wants her name out of the papers" as you suggest.  The papers don't care about feelings, or at least good ones don't, this isn't utilitarianism here.  I'm just saying how does something like this sit in the corner for like 30yrs or whatever? and apparently i'm alone in thinking that the whole debacle regarding the pill inscription is a blatant sign of "uhhh, my lawyers told me to say this"  I guess i'm not being sensetive for "questioning" a rape victim as you put it, whatever that means.  You think i'm bad, read that briefing, how the attorney's question the poor kid.

good one 03' you're quips are almost on par with your street art.