King of the Hill on DVD

Started by life_boy, June 20, 2003, 05:06:43 PM

life_boy

I know there's some King of the Hill fans out there and I just saw an add in Entertainment Weekly for it and was pretty hype about it.  Thought some others might be happy to hear it too.

King of the Hill: Complete Season 1

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned.)

life_boy

I guess no one cared after all.  Delete this, mods.

Duck Sauce

I care, but Im not really into first seasons, they still havent found their place yet.

life_boy

Yeah, but this means the rest of the series will be following.

MacGuffin

King of the Hill: The Complete Second Season is due for release on November 11th. Each episode is presented 4:3 full screen and Dolby 2.0 surround, with goodies including audio commentary on select episodes, deleted and extended scenes, 3 featurettes, a still gallery, 2 music Videos and 8 "Static Pages" with music. Retail is $49.95

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i have never really been interested in this show, but two friends had expressed their liking for it, so i decided to watch a few shows this past week. man, this show is great. it's really just a sitcomedy that's animated (meaning there's nothing super cartoonish or that couldn't likely happen in real like for the most part).

last night this episode came on:
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-250/epid-40793

it had me laughing out loud several times. i can't believe the show has been on for 9 seasons. it makes me feel old since Judge started it after Beavis and Butthead. Fox pretty much puts it on the back burner though, doesn't it?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ravi

Nine years already, wow.  At first I liked the show, then I didn't watch it, but in the past few months its been growing on me again.

Weak2ndAct

It's definitely one of my all-time favorite shows.  I never really watched it until a couple years ago-- it was playing syndicated along w/ the Simpsons.  Pretty much any Bobby-centric ep is gangbusters (Bobby becomes a rodeo clown, Bobby gets gout from the Showbiz Deli, Bobby's first kiss, Bobby falls in love with a mannequin head, etc.).  

The one thing I find strange are the shows with random 'dramatic' cliffhangers, where characters are killed off or maimed.  Tonally, they're a little off, but somehow they still work.

Sebastian Haff

I loved the KotH cameos on the HBO show "Unscripted". It was pretty funny to see that short Garafalo-looking chick (Pamela Segal Adlon)doing Bobby's voice.

...I tell ya what...

tpfkabi

I had read that the current season was to be the last, but apparently they have been renewed. Interesting story:

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&tid=91308&ref_id=250&ref_type=101

p.s. Simpsons has be renewed for 2 more seasons.

MacGuffin

King of the Hill Returns Sunday, Jan. 21
Source: Fox

Hank Hill and the gang return for some beer-drinking, barbecuing and Texas-sized laughs for the 11th season of "King of the Hill," premiering Sunday, Jan. 21 (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT) on Fox.

In the season premiere episode, Bobby's pet snake slithers down the toilet and Hank turns to Animal Control for help. Unfortunately, the Animal Control team takes advantage of the situation and creates a snake-in-the-city frenzy, putting Arlen in a state of panic. With the control team hissing, it's up to Dale to eliminate Arlen's reptile problem and help Animal Control rediscover their love for their jobs.

One of the longest-running comedies on primetime television, "King of the Hill" returns with all-new episodes. This season in the heartland of America, Hank continues to work hard and takes his love of propane to a whole new level, while Peggy develops a passion for real estate. Meanwhile, newly engaged Luanne and Lucky (Tom Petty) fight for each other's attention and Bobby gains confidence as a leader at school.

In the past 10 seasons, "King of the Hill" has featured special guest voice appearances by the likes of Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Jennifer Aniston, Matthew McConaughey, Meryl Streep, Bernie Mac, Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe, Kid Rock, Pamela Anderson, Heather Locklear, Willie Nelson, Sally Field, Jason Bateman, Billy Bob Thornton, Rene Zellweger, Johnny Knoxville, No Doubt and the Dixie Chicks. This season, John Goodman and ZZ Top join the list.

"King of the Hill" has received numerous accolades, including an Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 1999, a Nancy Susan Reynolds Award in 1997, a Women's Image Network Award in 2004 and Environmental Media Awards in 2001 and 2003. "King of the Hill" has garnered nominations for Annie Awards, Prism Awards and Shine Awards and was hailed as the Best Television Show of the Year after its debut by TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly and Time Magazine. The series is currently translated into several languages, including Spanish, French and Portuguese, and is licensed in almost 50 countries around the world.

Mike Judge and Greg Daniels are co-creators/executive producers and Michael Rotenberg, Howard Klein, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky are executive producers for "King of the Hill," which is a 20th Century Fox Television Production in association with Deedle-Dee Productions, Film Roman, Inc., Judgemental Films and 3 Arts Entertainment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

They didn't say how many new episodes there will be.
Unless Judge has changed his mind recently, it seems it will be the last season.

MacGuffin

King of the Hill Returns Sunday, January 28
Source: Fox

One of the longest-running comedies on television, "King of the Hill" returns for its 11th season at a new date and time, Sunday, Jan. 28 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on Fox (previously announced for Sunday, Jan. 21, 7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT).

In "The Peggy Horror Picture Show" season premiere episode, Peggy, feeling a bit unfeminine because of her clothes and size-16 feet, befriends Carolyn, who views Peggy as the epitome of womanhood. Hank is thrilled that Peggy finally has someone else to talk to about her girl problems. But when Carolyn turns out to be a drag queen and mistakenly invites Peggy to perform in her stage show, it's up to Hank and the drag queens to help a devastated Peggy rediscover her femininity.

This season in the heartland of America, Hank continues to work hard and takes his love of propane to a whole new level, while Peggy develops a passion for real estate. Meanwhile, newly engaged Luanne and Lucky (Tom Petty) fight for each others attention and Bobby gains confidence as a leader at school.

Mike Judge and Greg Daniels are co-creators/executive producers and Michael Rotenberg, Howard Klein, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky are executive producers for "King of the Hill," which is a 20th Century Fox Television Production in association with Deedle-Dee Productions, Film Roman, Inc., Judgemental Films and 3 Arts Entertainment.

In related news, Fox is moving "American Dad" to Sundays at 9:30 PM ET/PT as of Sunday, Jan. 28, while "The War at Home" moves to Thursdays at 8:30 PM ET/PT.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 19, 2006, 02:23:44 PM
In related news, Fox is moving "American Dad" to Sundays at 9:30 PM ET/PT as of Sunday, Jan. 28, while "The War at Home" moves to Thursdays at 8:30 PM ET/PT.

These shows are still on the air?!

Pubrick

Quote from: Ravi on December 19, 2006, 04:02:51 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on December 19, 2006, 02:23:44 PM

These shows are still on the air?!
exactly what i was thinking about king of the hill.
under the paving stones.