starring

JASON

JAMES

RICHTER

...from Free Willy!

Hilarious.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Time forgot this sequel so much that it forgot what it was called.

And yes, that's Jack Black on the second cover ("RETURN to Fantasia")

socketlevel

the two jakes and psycho II are good films though (jack nicholson's only direction to date i think)

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

modage

Quote from: socketlevelthe two jakes and psycho II are good films though (jack nicholson's only direction to date i think)

-sl-
yes, well the intention of the thread was not 'look how sucky these movies are'.  it was more, think of how many 'classic' movies have sequels that nobody ever talks about. many of which came much later, some of which were quickly swept under the carpet.  horror films usually dont apply to this because they are constantly sequeled to death, i used psycho as an exception because obviously the first one was hitchcock, and a classic nobody thought would've spawned sequels decades later.  godfather three whether or not it has any merits is not one that time has forgotten, yet anyways, although we may like to it is part of the 'trilogy' and pretty well remembered at this point.  die hard as well, i think is still too new to be forgotten.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

coo, classic movies like the sequel to the archetypal film staring michael j. fox:  teen wolf too.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

The NINJA TURTLE Come Back

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are about to make another comeback, now that Imagi Services has hired animation veteran Kevin Munroe to write and direct a new, CGI-animated revival of the popular kids' characters. A spring 2007 release is planned.

The pizza-eating, evil-fighting reptiles have actually come back into favor, thanks to a new, syndicated TV series that was launched three years ago. The originals debuted in a 1980s comic book, created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.

Tom Gray, Imagi president and CEO, produced two of the earlier Turtles films. He will be producing the new version, along with Galen Walker. Laird, Francis Kao, Gary Richardson and Frederick Fierst are serving as executive producers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

why not make an animated movie of the ghostbusters while they're at it?

Stefen

ghost busters cartoon or movie? wait, are they making the cgi turles movie on the cartoon or the movies? wait, what happened?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Brazoliange

Flamingos Forever :*( RIP Divine

Lloyd Kaufman said they're considering remaking The Toxic Avenger (forgot whether in book or at troma.com)
Long live the New Flesh

Kal

Kids these days have no clue of who these turtles are... and they also dont give a shit... Samurai Turtles? It wont work

modage

Quote from: andykalKids these days have no clue of who these turtles are... and they also dont give a shit... Samurai Turtles? It wont work
sure they do.  a new (darker) cartoon has been on the air for 2 years and from the looks of the merchandising, its doing pretty well.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: andykalKids these days have no clue of who these turtles are... and they also dont give a shit... Samurai Turtles? It wont work
sure they do.  a new (darker) cartoon has been on the air for 2 years and from the looks of the merchandising, its doing pretty well.

wow I didnt know that... I'm gonna look for it... I used to love that crap... and I still have the VHS movies somewhere

Still I'm not sure about all this new crap... Turtles, Robotech, He-Man... what else?

deathnotronic

Do the Power Rangers still exist?

MacGuffin

Ready for Mummy 3?
It could come out next year.

Just a quick note here for all of you who enjoyed The Mummy and/or its wacky sequel, The Mummy Returns... a third movie in the franchise appears to be on the way.

JoBlo, citing an anonymous source, says that director Stephen Sommers has already finished a script for The Mummy III. Shooting could begin this year with a 2006 release in mind.

There's no official announcement yet, of course. Nor do we know yet whether Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, and the rest of the main characters will return – though it would be hard to imagine a sequel without them.

So what do fans think about a third Mummy? Should it be more like the first film, or like the second? Should it keep the Egyptian theme, or involve mummies from another ancient civilization? Send me your ideas, and watch this spot for more updates!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

sounds better than Van Helsing Too!