http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/215_box_348x490.jpg

From Fassbinder's BDR Trilogy.......

The Marriage of Maria Braun
http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/204_box_348x490.jpg

Veronika Voss
http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/205_box_348x490.jpg

Lola
http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/206_box_348x490.jpg

Missing so far is the box set cover for Fassbinder's BDR Trilogy and cover for The Devil and Daniel Webster.

~rougerum

Gold Trumpet

SoNowThen

So I'd really like to blind buy Knife In The Water. Anyone seen it, care to comment on why I should/shouldn't???
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gold Trumpet

I think Knife in the Water is great. Not because it is just an excellent thriller, but what it can do with what seems like use of one camera only for a good portion of the time and how that can be used effectively by itself instead of just manic desperation to make it like a typical film. The obvious use of one camera and the environment it creates is a great example of what little equipment can give you when you use it right. I think this movie should be seen by everyone just starting out on how a movie can be made effectively with little resources.

~rougerum

SoNowThen

You're a rep for Criterion aren't you GT?   :yabbse-wink:
They are going to drive me to the poor house.

Oh well. Sounds good to me. I will most likely buy this!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jokerspath

Anyone have the entire Criterion DVD line?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

sphinx

yeah, i do.  when you put all the spines together in the correct order they make a picture of mulvaney's face

jokerspath

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: jokerspathAnyone have the entire Criterion DVD line?

aw
GT seems to.

aw.

Wow, your initials are "aw" as well?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

phil marlowe

BWWWWHAAAAAAAAAA HAA HA ha

funny funny.

why did gt get banned? i'd love some sort of briefing.

Comte de Saint Germain

I would love a briefing as well. I'm stuck with this name for the time being. My suspicion with my old name getting banned was likely over something stupid and one of the administrators just not liking me and thinking it would be insanely funny to ban me and see how long he could pull it off for. I really don't mind because the inconveniance only added up to creating a new name which took around 2 minutes total time.

I'm not really rich, but I'm at a moment in my life where i have little expenses and can work a great deal of time and hobbies mainly include books and movies. If you wanna talk about rich, I see good ol' Mac as having one major collection on his hands that a lot of people, including me, would be envious of.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Cmte de Saint GermainIf you wanna talk about rich, I see good ol' Mac as having one major collection on his hands that a lot of people, including me, would be envious of.

Quote from: MacGuffinToo many to list, but let me tell you, being a film/video reviewer for a magazine has it's rewards.

MacGuffin

I doubt GT would want my collection, however big it is. We don't have the same taste.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinI doubt GT would want my collection, however big it is. We don't have the same taste.
yeah, u like chicks.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

you really hate that Gold Trumpet don'tcha

Comte de Saint Germain

Quote from: P
Quote from: MacGuffinI doubt GT would want my collection, however big it is. We don't have the same taste.
yeah, u like chicks.

Quote from: poseryou really hate that Gold Trumpet don'tcha

Yes, he does. When he talks about how something is cool, I have no problem with him. When he tries to intimidate and "humor".....insult other people, he is just running a bad joke in my opinion. P is as intimidating as a red headed step child that talks back all the time but will be crying his ass off when smacked around a little. After he is done crying, he just comes back for more and when shit doesn't happen to him, the illusion that he is intimidating comes into place.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126