Wes Anderson

Started by Sleepless, March 19, 2012, 12:14:21 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Sleepless on September 11, 2012, 10:28:38 AM
I'm not a fan of Jude Law, but I do think he could fit well into a Wes Anderson movie. It's Depp I'm concerned about.

Depp will be AMAZING in a Wes Anderson picture... If there's someone that can pull off funny and quirky and a little dark humor, it's Johnny!

I never really liked Jude Law until I saw I <3 Huckabees. He was so fucking good in that.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Pubrick

Jude law, Johnny d and Wes Anderson are all about the same level of douchebag so it's only natural that they'd work together. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, especially Johnny douche. But I guess they were both committed to their respective tired old collaborators. It's hard to break the contract of boring.
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Pubrick on September 12, 2012, 01:41:42 AM
Jude law, Johnny d and Wes Anderson are all about the same level of douchebag so it's only natural that they'd work together. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, especially Johnny douche

Even though I like Johnny Depp, I laughed and upvoted your post. Because it reminded me of that time me and my girlfriend when to see his "Band" perform live (His band is called "P")....

WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. They suck so fucking bad.

The sound of 14 year olds screaming, Hipsters singing along and him being a douche on stage. Good God...
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Sleepless

Wes Anderson confirms Johnny Depp is NOT in The Great Budapest Hotel.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35316

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

md

that poor jacket hahaha
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Reel

This look on Bill Murray's face is because he smells taint on his blazer

MacGuffin

Saoirse Ronan to star in 'Budapest Hotel'
Thesp joins Fiennes, Law, Murray, Schwartzman in Anderson pic
Source: Variety

Having established herself as one of the leading dramatic actresses of her generation with turns in "Atonement" and "The Lovely Bones," Saoirse Ronan is looking to try her hand at lighter fare, as she's set to play the female lead in Wes Anderson's next movie "The Grand Budapest Hotel."

As Variety first reported, Ralph Fiennes will star in the period pic alongside Jude Law and Anderson regulars Bill Murray and Jason Schwartzman, among others. While Anderson is fond of working with the same troupe of actors, he has actively recruited international thesps he's never worked with before such as Fiennes, Law and now Irish thesp Ronan.

The director has said that the story, set 85 years ago in a Hungarian hotel, is partly inspired by the witty films of Billy Wilder and Ernst Lubitsch ("The Shop Around the Corner").

Anderson is producing the Euro-set pic with his "Moonrise Kingdom" collaborators Scott Rudin and Steven Rales of Indian Paintbrush. Production is skedded to start early next year in Germany.

Ronan, who was nominated for an Oscar at the age of 13 for her supporting perf in "Atonement," will next be seen in Andrew Niccol's adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's bestselling novel "The Host," which Open Road Films will release March 29. Thesp is attached to star in Working Title's drama "Mary Queen of Scots" and most recently wrapped Kevin Macdonald's "How I Live Now," while Neil Jordan's "Byzantium" and Geoffrey Fletcher's "Violet & Daisy" are awaiting release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

From Empire:

Stories and storytelling, presumably all linked to the edifice of the title, seem to be the order of the day in Anderson's follow-up to the garlanded Moonrise Kingdom. Whether you'd call The Grand Budapest Hotel a portmanteau movie remains to be seen, but it does appear from what Law's been saying that the film will contain tales within tales.

"I play an author," he told Collider, "and there are sort of several sections. It's about storytelling. There's someone who plays me at an older age, and they're recounting how they were first told a certain story, and then you cut to me being told that story, and then you cut to the story. It's sort of layers of storytelling."

To The Playlist meanwhile, Law revealed that the film is "mostly set in the '30s, and my bit is set in the '60s." He also stressed that he's only a small part of the larger whole: "It's a tiny, tiny role. I've just done it. It was five days of work."

More questions than answers then, but a bit of Anderson intrigue is always welcome of a Tuesday morning. The director's vague descriptions so far have indicated "a European story" that draws on his experiences since being domiciled in France, and that the main character "is a bit crazy, and has a personal mind-reader with a teenage assistant".

Along with Law, the cast, as far as we know, can currently boast Anderson veterans Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman, Tilda Swinton, Adrien Brody and Jeff Goldblum. They're joined by Ralph Fiennes, Saoirse Ronan, Harvey Keitel, F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury. The film's expected to be released sometime in 2014.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Frederico Fellini

Every Wes Anderson Slow-Motion Shot, Set to Ja Rule

Not sure if it's the worst thing I've ever seen..... or the most fucking gangsta shit ever.

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Reel

It's the worst thing you've ever seen.

Ravi

ono

tpfkabi

It made me think of this:

Where the band Vampire Weekend got their name - Ezra from the band made this movie trailer and then named his band that.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

jonas

A new Short Film "Castello Cavalcanti" by Wes Anderson starring Jason Schwartzman and apparently financed by Prada.

"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove