Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: soixanteI saw Joel Schumacher in a bookstore and introduced myself.  I told him I enjoyed "Car Wash" and "Falling Down," and he was very nice and appreciative.  Extremely cool guy.

I would have had him autograph my copy of D.C. Cab, starring Mr. T.

i sat next to MR T at a bulls game. he's the shit -- whoever can pull off wearing 20 pounds of gold chains around their neck, is the man in my book.
...your excuses are your own...

BackUpOffMeFoo

I smoked a cigar with Jonathon Loughran once.
Serious?

-dazza-

I met Bono once.

And Donovan lives fairly locally.

We don't get many celebs in Ireland....
"Go home, Yank. 'Tis my field." - The late, great, Richard Harris.

Newbie Confusion Device:  CLICK HERE

cowboykurtis

i met soderbergh and george clooney yesterday -- they were sitting outside of the section 8 offices on WBs backlot -- i must say, it was pretty cool.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cowboykurtisi met soderbergh and george clooney yesterday -- they were sitting outside of the section 8 offices on WBs backlot -- i must say, it was pretty cool.

You always say you are in the backlots, where are you right now?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: cowboykurtisi met soderbergh and george clooney yesterday -- they were sitting outside of the section 8 offices on WBs backlot -- i must say, it was pretty cool.

You always say you are in the backlots, where are you right now?

burbank

Marty McSuperfly

I was at the London Film Festival with my girlfriend and we had tickets to see Punch-Drunk Love at an afternoon showing. We were annoyed because the main show, which PTA was going to be at and introduce the film, was completely sold out. But we figured we'd try and queue on the night for any returned tickets.
So anyway we get outside the cinema about three hours before the film starts and start waiting and waiting (we actually are so early we're in front of folks queuing for returned tickets for the movie show BEFORE PDL!)
Eventually the manager takes pity on us as says some tickets have been returned so we head inside and my girlfriend pays (she's nice like that). While I'm loitering about the counter I notice two PDL postcard sitting next to some other free booklets and stuff. Nice memento, I think, and pick them up.
It's only when we get outside and read the postcard do I see the words: "Revolution Pictures would like to invite you to a pre-screening champagne reception for Punch-Drunk Love" SCORE!
So we head over to this ridiculously expensive hotel (me in scabby jeans and t-shirt, her in hooded top, combats and carrying a plastic shopping bag) and flash the invites and actually get in!!
Champagne is served and the pair of us drink it much to fast while sitting shaking with joy at what is actually happening!
Then Paul walks in and gives hugs to Emily Watson, her husband (I think) and then Daniel Lupi and his family.
I didn't speak to him, even though he was standing about 10 feet from me, cos he was surrounded by filmy types and I was quite frankly too stunned by our good luck to even attempt a coherent sentence.
We sat and just took in the occasion, hearing occasional snippets of his conversations then finished our drinks and made a move to get to the movie.
To top it all off, PTA came on stage, introduced the film then returned to his seat - which happened to be directly across the aisle from me!
An amazing end to perhaps one of the finest cinema outtings I have ever had.

UNELLI

just cuz I'm an extra, don't mean I take any shit from PAs

Duck Sauce

Cool story.... I will never get to meet PTA. Not that Im dying to, but itd be kind of cool, he gets more eccentric by each movie

chainsmoking insomniac

That PTA story was fucking great!
I, unlike the earlier post, would sell my mother into prostitution to meet Paul.
I bumped into the lead singer of Semisonic ("Closing Time")....actually backed up into him while waiting for my luggage in Philly Int'l...turned around, said sorry, then did a double take. Very cool guy, very amicable....told him I liked his music, he appreciated the comment... :wink:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

xerxes

Quote from: punchdrunk23That PTA story was fucking great!
I, unlike the earlier post, would sell my mother into prostitution to meet Paul.
I bumped into the lead singer of Semisonic ("Closing Time")....actually backed up into him while waiting for my luggage in Philly Int'l...turned around, said sorry, then did a double take. Very cool guy, very amicable....told him I liked his music, he appreciated the comment... :wink:

i bumped into brad pitt once (again, bump of the literal kind). he did not say he was sorry though.  that was also on the same day i met PTA.

cowboykurtis

i fucked bill cosby -- very charming man.

Ravi

Quote from: cowboykurtisi fucked bill cosby -- very charming man.

Was any Jell-O involved?

Forgot to mention I met Kids in the Hall.  Mark McKinney kind of looked like Matthew Perry.

Mesh

I met Helena Bonham Carter:

...when she purchased some books from me at a Chicago Barnes & Noble.  Right around the time Fight Club came out, I think.

Would you believe she's even hotter in person than above?

cine

I don't know who I met that was famous at the time.. more like washed up, I'd say. Mr. T in Toronto. Burt Young (Rocky's brother in "Rocky" and Curly in "Chinatown") in New York - right on the street. But other 'famous' people I met were Sha Na Na, Little Eva, Mark Breslin, Mike MacDonald, and that's about it really.