Cheers to Paul!

Started by jtm, February 17, 2008, 04:45:58 AM

jtm

ok, so this message board, it basically originated from the "unofficial PTA site" so it's safe to say this place is filled with people who long ago realized Paul is the best thing we've got these days as far as "newer" directors go. we've known this since the Boogie Nights days (and sure, maybe a few since the Sidney days, but i'll never believe you)... just look at the topic #'s. PTA-  522. the next closest- 143.

so anyways, after all the shit, us waiting years for his new film, watching all the other shit that's come out since, wondering when something will come out to get us excited again, and here we are. There Will Be Blood... a film that not just appease us as PTA fans, but has reached out far beyond that... 8 Oscar nods making it the front runner, the performance of a lifetime by DDL, and thanks to one of the greatest screenplays ever,countless lines we can repeat over and over to entertain our friends, and paradies galore...

we should be proud of our boy Paul.

anyways, i'm drunk as shit. and this thread is about how Paul Thomas Anderson is the shit. and how we knew it before everyone else.

Tommy Both

I agree, however not drunk (but don't drunks and kids always tell the truth?)

I came here through the original ptanderson.com,
back in the days we were all anxiously waiting for Paul's PTA's next flick (2001?)

And some folks in Berlin agree with us:
Paul PTA just grabbed a Golden Silver Berlin Bear for There Will Be Blood.

Let's pray these Oscar fellas hate texas and love california.
Then Daniel may not be the only one going home with a golden statue
come next sunday......

PTA RULES!

Tommy Both

Let's all agree, this man is why we are here today (at xixax)!!!! BERLIN RULES. (no not just the great music scene)

2000:

2008:

can't wait for 2016! then i'll be standing there, with my own film in selection. just telling this man
he (and rodriguez) were the people that inspired me to continue my passion for film and to tell stories
and just go from the gut, set ur priorities, put all ur time and energy in it and don't bother if filmschool isn't
letting u in or isn't what u hoped for. Fuck filmschool, just spend ur filmschool money economically and go ouside
make a short (cigarettes and coffee) or a feature (el mariachi). Hell, that's what my inspirations did
and that's how i'm doin it. Yeah

Tommy Both

...if u wonder why paul PTA was holding two of them:

One was for himself:

Silver Bear - Best Director 2008
Paul Thomas Anderson
for There Will Be Blood

(no guys, the best film (that GOLDEN one) went to an
amazing Brazlian film which will most definately get an oscar next year)

And the other was for......... The MUSIC !!! Wow:

Silver Bear - Outstanding Artistic Contribution (Music)2008
Jonny Greenwood
for There Will Be Blood

I guess Jonny was on tour or something.

All the winners: http://www.berlinale.de/en/das_festival/preise_und_juries/preise_internationale_jury/index.html

Tommy Both

Some more deadline, last week (before the Oscars) awards for Blood:

From Variety.com:

'Blood,' 'Men' top ADG Awards
Art Directors honored in Los Angeles

Nostalgic Americana was the big winner at Saturday's 12th annual Art Directors Guild Awards, with Western dramas "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" nabbing honors in the period and contemporary feature categories, respectively, and slick 1950s-era skein "Mad Men" pulling ahead in the single camera TV field.

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR820001132.html?nav=news&categoryid=1983&cs=1