BAFTA'S

Started by Tommy Both, February 10, 2008, 03:13:17 PM

Tommy Both

Watching the show on the BBC as we speak.

SLY STALLONE started the show, he gave the first award of the night to a great film beating ATONEMENT for BEST BRITISH FILM:
THIS IS ENGLAND

updated:

-Film not in English Language: DAS LEBEN DER ANDEREN
-Adapted Screenplay: Ronald Harwood - DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY (Saying he's no longer on strike)
-Supporting Actor: Bardem - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN ("I want to thank the mama and daddy of Joel and Ethan Coen, having kids so smart and brilliant")
-Carl Foreman Award (for best British debut filmmaker): Matt Greenhalgh (writer) for CONTROL
-Visual Effects: THE GOLDEN COMPASS
-Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton - MICHAEL CLAYTON

Then after an hour the show was cut and the news came on, weird, BBC didn't even show it all, only on BBC in U.K... fuck
Well it seems it was recorded, I found all the other winners on their website:

BEST FILM: ATONEMENT
DIRECTOR: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN - Coens
ANIMATED FILM: RATATOUILLE - Brad Bird
BEST ACTOR: THERE WILL BE BLOOD - Daniel Day-Lewis
BEST ACTRESS: LA VIE EN ROSE - Marion Cotillard
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: JUNO - Diablo Cody
MUSIC: LA VIE EN ROSE - Christopher Gunning
CINEMATOGRAPHY: THERE WILL BE BLOOD - Robert Elswit
EDITING: THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM - Christopher Rouse
PRODUCTION DESIGN: ATONEMENT - Sarah Greenwood/Katie Spencer
COSTUME DESIGN: LA VIE EN ROSE – Marit Allen
SOUND: THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM – Kirk Francis/Scott Millan/David Parker/Karen Baker Landers/Per Hallberg
MAKE UP & HAIR: LA VIE EN ROSE – Jan Archibald/Didier Lavergne

LA VIE EN ROSE: 4 WINS
ATONEMENT: 2 WINS
THERE WILL BE BLOOD: 2 WINS
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN: 2 WINS
THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM: 2 WINS

updated again:

Turns out the BAFTA website was wrong on one occasion , the worst possible, it wasn't Elswit but of course Deakins who won.

So:

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN: 3 WINS
THERE WILL BE BLOOD: 1 WIN

Redlum

This Is England has definitely been the highlight so far. The show continues to be marred by Jonathan Ross, though. His jokes are falling flatter than usual; he merely shepherds the show along.

Let's hope PTA gets to speak.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Tommy Both

Some quotes from the winners:

"This is awesome" (Diablo Cody, with a horrible tattoo on her right arm, big one, god this girl just beat THIS IS ENGLAND, MICHAEL CLAYTON and others...pffff)
"Wow,wow,wow,wow...........uhhh,mmmmm,hh,uhhhhhhh....." & "I love you so much for doing this to me" (Marion Cotillard, best actress)
"Well, for sheer balls alone I think Marion Cotillard should have this one as well" (Daniel Day-Lewis)
"From the mine shaft to the bowling alley, this belongs to Paul Thomas Anderson" (cut to Paul and Maya smiling in the audience)