Ben Folds, anyone?

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 11, 2003, 01:27:09 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Being one of my favorite bands of all time, Ben Folds captures every emotion and really conveys it through his material.  

Plus he just down right kicks ass.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

gotta say that i think its so fucking cheesy putting " anyone" after a singers name in a post, i know its some sort of tradition but it urks me, it makes me feel like i am at some uptight dinner party and some grovvy sensitive pony tail guy is telling us

" Miles davis anyone"

but to answer your post, i think he has a good sense of humor and at times he could be great, and he wrote the at the prom song from not another teen movie

and he sang the imortal line

" I just jerked off in your french toast !!!!!!!!"

Sleuth

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones

" Miles davis anyone"

Haha!  I always imagine people's avatars saying what their post is saying, so that's even better
I like to hug dogs

xerxes

i am a big fan of ben folds, and will be seeing him with tori amos this summer.

godardian

He's okay. I wish his stuff had more bite. He seems clever enough to pull it off. He should listen to some punk rock.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

i like his solo album better than his work with "the five".  ANNIE WAITS is my favorite.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

It's just too bad he had to die in that car accident
I like to hug dogs

modage

:shock:
*(realizing this is the worst day of my life)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

no wait, I always confuse Ben Folds with The Strokes (all of them).

They're dead
I like to hug dogs

modage

atleast i still have my favorite band, The Beatles. when are they coming out with another album anyways?  how long has it been?

Quote from: godardianHe should listen to some punk rock.

that quote alone would make the architechts of punk depressed that they created it

what the fuck, do you just go to the store and say " say i was wondering if you carry any punk rock "

" why yes we do, here try on some mission of burma and if that doesnt fit here is some The germs "

Sleuth

It has only been a week, please pay attention to music news
I like to hug dogs

modage

what the fuck, do you just go to the store and say " say i was wondering if you carry any punk rock "

" why yes we do, here try on some mission of burma and if that doesnt fit here is some The germs "

if the 'store', doesnt carry any, just go to a dinner party and ask the guy with the sensitive ponytail to put on some punk rock after the miles davis.

Quote from: themodernage02

if the 'store', doesnt carry any, just go to a dinner party and ask the guy with the sensitive ponytail to put on some punk rock after the miles davis.

he does, he plays lots of pere ubu