ACJJ Banned and his Response

Started by Banky, December 06, 2003, 10:26:55 PM

Banky

from another thread

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOn this fateful day, aclockworkjj has been banned.

This is an issue we've been dealing with for months. After much introspection, countless admin debates, and private dialogue with aclockworkjj (including warnings), we came to this decision.

His method was to make friends and enemies, attempting to split this place into factions, as did Pantalones before him. He conducted campaigns of ass-kissing (especially toward us admins) while conducting campaigns of personal hatred and corrosive disrespect. We believe he was dragging Xixax down into a place it never should have gone, a place it doesn't want to go.

Everything we held sacred has been victim to perversion by aclockworkjj at one time or another, and we strongly believe Xixax is better without him.

Let me make it clear that this is not some kind of ominous warning. We've done this because we value what we have and don't want to lose it. This decision was not made in spite of other members, but for the sake of other members.

Now it's time to come back together. It starts today.

- the administration

cbrad
Ghostboy
Jeremy Blackman
MacGuffin
mogwai
P
picolas
RegularKarate

this does not relect my opinions but i feel he at least deserves a response to this ban after all he has put into this site
here is his official response:

ACJJ-"Well, Well, Well...glad something as stupid as Michael Moore can get someone banned.  Then I try starting a joking thread and it is read by the tight-ass admins as a rip on JB.  Sorry, i was trying to laugh in the process.  This forum is great cause the admins will converse...they will however let there admin duties get in the way if they disagree with you.  I am now seeing it clear...they will try and mold you into these little zombies...and make sure they come out on top.  I am beginning to think they are all just pissed off cause they had no friends in high school, and now they are finally liked (or at least have power).  That's fine...but the fuckin' sweetguy act gets old quick.  One thing i find hilarious within this whole thing...is that just last week I was aked by another member here to help start a new forum and be an admin there.  I politiely declined.  But whatever...if my content here was soley starting fights...i could understand.  But how many fights were actually there, and how many were created or manipulated by the sweet admins?  Just make sure you agree always and everything is cool.  I have most of my friends here elsewhere...but if anyone cares to my email address is always open.  aclockworkjj@netscape.net.  May you all have a merry christmas...and a stony new year.  Except the admins...(they can eat a big shit burger).

RegularKarate

Let me say that this was the predicted response 100%

JJ ran on a formula of bullshit.  He was fueled on fights and fakery and I'm sorry it had to come to this, but it was necessary.

Think about this for one moment.  If we banned him because he didn't like Michael Moore, we would have to ban a lot of you... including MIKE!  The founder and president of this SITE!

This took a LOT of discussion and a long time and he was warned and warned and just continued his path.

I'm sure a few of you were close to JJ, but until recently, JJ treated me the same way he did all of you.  He sent me PMs that were basically kissing my ass and trying to get me on his side.  His more recent PMs weren't really like that.  I have a feeling that he would treat anyone else the same way.

Pedro

i talk to jj outside of the boards, and he's really quite a nice guy...i understand why this happened, though.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Pedro the Wombati talk to jj outside of the boards, and he's really quite a nice guy...i understand why this happened, though.

my thoughts exactly.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Well this is really a surprise for me... Since I joined XIXAX about 6 months ago I always saw jj as one of the icons of this place. He was also one of the few people that I have exchanged some private messages with and that showed interest in what I had to say... Yes sometimes I thought he was out of line or doing some things that were kinda bullshit... but I have seen some other people with same behaviour in here and in a friendly way... I might like it or not but I never saw a problem with admins...

I guess you guys probably have your reasons, and I hope this was the right decision to make.

Banky

JJ wants to say:

ACJJ-"Just wanted to say thanks to people's emails...i will try and keep in touch with all of you, and some of your comments are making me blush.  Anyways you guys take care...most of you will be missed"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Please clear this up, because I'm a little lost...

-Pantalones was banned because of the radical things he said, and the upheaval he tried to cause

-aclockworkjj was banned for the same reason

I heard neat was banned, too.  Now granted, I found Neat to be a bitch, but I didn't want him banned.  I liked the disgareements.  Do you want a messageboard of likeminded posters?  We all love PTA, now we all have to be liberal, or at least quiet our beliefs?  

I mean, you guys toss around words that make it sound like he was trying to overthrow a king or something.  I'm not saying you take this too seriously in general, I realize running a message board can be a bitch.  Having people post things you disagree with can be a daily annoyance.  Especially if they're radical, but hear me out from my side of the coin: aclockworkjj was just showing the other side most people didn't talk about.

Now, you may call me an ACJJ pawn, but he has nothing to do with this, really.  I talk to him on AIM, and he's a cool fella.  I don't think this is right that he's going.  What's the worst he could've done?  He would've turned noobs to the dark side?  Then they'd leave the boards?  The only remaining would be........

The likeminded posters.  You see, without ACJJ, you can have your agreements, but where does it go?  Where's the discussion?  Where do we see people's true colors?  We don't.  We get (the much appreciated) updates from Mac, and what else? "I like PTA." "Me too."

Whether you bring him back or not, just think about what the boards will be like without him.  Tey may be ideal for you, and all the admins may laugh and say it'll be great, and you may not think so, but without him, the conversation here will be pretty fucking dead.

I have made exaggerations in this post and I have may "said the wrong thing" but now you know where I stand on the matter.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

Sleuth

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobThe likeminded posters.  You see, without ACJJ, you can have your agreements, but where does it go?  Where's the discussion?  Where do we see people's true colors?  We don't.  We get (the much appreciated) updates from Mac, and what else? "I like PTA." "Me too."

I think the worst outcome would be something like

I hate Spielberg

I believe him to be great 8)  :P

We'll just have to agree to disagree then :-D  :)  8)  :lol:  :P  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

But yet, none of this will happen because JJ is banned.  I don't feel bad about it because he KNEW he was close to being banned.  Even he thought he'd be banned sooner than this.  Everything's going to be all right, this is stupid.
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That's just one man's guess.

Time will tell.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWe all love PTA, now we all have to be liberal, or at least quiet our beliefs?

Okay, like RK said this has nothing to do with politics. We expected this argument, because that's what ACJJ tried to make it about, and Pantalones before him.

Mike, Xixax himself, the founder of this site, is on the opposite of the political spectrum from me. We still like each other. We haven't banned each other.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobYou see, without ACJJ, you can have your agreements, but where does it go?  Where's the discussion?

I would say the exact opposite, and that goes to the heart of (one of the reasons) why he was banned. Look at every debating thread he's posted in, every serious discussion, and look where it goes when he comes in. The discussion ends. The fight begins. It becomes personal. Hateful. And disrespectful.

MrBurgerKing

This place is a big soap opera

Here, I'll edit this post and explain my comments.. I didn't want to seem like a vague prick typing one sentence and leaving. So be it if it adds the stamp of "edited by Mr.BurgerKing" I'll let you guys consider me an indecisive prick this one time, going back and editing his post because he couldn't do it right the first time. I'm alright with that, but in this case I felt it needed to be edited so I can go back and explain where I'm coming from with this comment which I so eagerly typed a bit earlier. I hate to say it, but this place is a big soap opera, there are lots of threads like this. I'm fine with that though, that's what it means to be a human being. Why deny the internet with what makes people human beings. Otherwise we'd all be robots. So, as you can see, by editing my post, I'm clarifying that I'm not saying this in a negative tone, but a positive tone. Like you're watching Full House and uncle Jesse says in a sweet tone "aww, this place is a big soap opera" like he's saying "this place is MY big soap opera, it's a part of me" as opposed to Bob Saget (when he gets home of course, because you all know he's probably a sadistic prick when he gets home from a hard day's shoot) "This place is a fucking soap opera!" where he complains about it "This place is a fucking SOAP OPERRAA" he's fed up with it. In this case, I'm taking the Uncle Jesse approach, but I also think it would be perfectly valid to take on the Bob Saget approach.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I think the most discussion on the board (that I've seen anyway) or at least the most controversy has been:

The banning of ACJJ
The rebanning of ACJJ
The removal/replacement of Idle Chatter

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say you gotta put 2 and 2 together...

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI think the most discussion on the board (that I've seen anyway) or at least the most controversy has been:

The banning of ACJJ
The rebanning of ACJJ
The removal/replacement of Idle Chatter

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say you gotta put 2 and 2 together...

So what kind of tone are you taking on Walrus, Kookookajoob (typing your name is like doing a rubix cube.. Did I even say that right, Rubix cube? Is that what it's called?). Are you taking the uncle jesse or bob saget approach? Or the Fox approach, when they reported the moo nlanding hoax, are you saying it's an Oliver Stone conspiracy, Michael Jackson conspiracy, they want to cause contraversy and more action, drama in XIXAX.com so they ban aclockwork orange? Hah, that's irony, I didn't even notice, A clockwork orange was at one point banned in the UK (the movie), and now the user aclockwork orange has been banned. The thing is though, will we ever look to aclockworkjj for genius?