any ryan adams fans?

Started by abbey road, May 21, 2003, 03:41:41 PM

modage

take this, bright eyes you slacker!

AMERICAN TRILOGY
Source: NME

RYAN ADAMS has announced plans to release three albums, including one double LP, this year*.

A mock wedding invitation appeared on the singer's official website revealing the titles and producers for Adams' forthcoming releases.

So far 'Cold Roses', the double album, is the only one with a confirmed release date, April 19.

That record is credited to Ryan Adams And The Cardinals and is produced by Thomas Schick, who has also produced Willy Mason.

Schick has also produced an solo release to be titled 'Jacksonville' after the town where Adams was born.

The other album revealed is another solo effort called '29', which sees Adams reunite with long-time collaborator and Kings Of Leon producer Ethan Johns.

http://www.ryan-adams.com/

*sonowthen craps pants now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

man, he records a lot.
i wonder if some of this is backlog stuff they always talk about?

i tried to get his website to come up, but it never would.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Quote from: bigideasman, he records a lot.
i wonder if some of this is backlog stuff they always talk about?

i tried to get his website to come up, but it never would.
no, there were a handful of demos he was going to release as a box set but ended up just taking the best material from all the misc pre/post gold sessions and putting out the sub-par Demolition.  however, all releases have been leaked in their entirety and there is somewhere around 100 studio recordings of unreleased Ryan Adams stuff that is pretty good.  like, the songs on demolition work better in the context of their respective albums and not as well mixmashed together.  this is all new stuff.  also, with the love is hell and rock n roll sessions theres still an albums worth of stuff he recorded but never leaked or got released as a b-side or anything else so far which i would like to get a hold of.  

the website works fine for me.  its flash.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

that are over a 100 unreleased studio recordings that have been leaked on the net?

where can i find these?

although, with my slow connection, it will take me 10 years to download much of it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

life_boy

Update on Ryan Adams' two other planned 2005 studio releases.

Jacksonville City Nights
September[/b] (due September 27, 2005)
Tracklist:
01 A Kiss Before I Go
02 The End
03 What Sin Replaces Love
04 Hard Way to Fall
05 Dear John (with Norah Jones)
06 The Hardest Part
07 Games
08 Silver Bullets
09 Peaceful Valley
10 September
11 My Heart Is Broken
12 Trains
13 Pa
14 Withering Heights
15 Don't Fail Me Now

29[/b] (due December, 2005)

Pitchfork Press Release

polkablues

Dammit... he couldn't just rename it "August" and release it tomorrow?  I hate waiting.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Pitchfork...

The same website post revealed that Adams and the Cardinals had recently finished recording music for the new Cameron Crowe movie Elizabethtown. "What started as 1 ended up being 18," Adams wrote. "Only one or so will be used. But this is your heads up that there might be another Cardinals record in your near future." Good god, ANOTHER Ryan Adams album this year?! Does he have a songwriting sweatshop somewhere?

Pubrick

he is the tupac of.. whatever it is he sounds like, i wouldn't know.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pubrickhe is the tupac of...
the living?

modage

noyes

big fan in a new fan kind of a way.
he's goodness.
south america's my name.

noyes

south america's my name.

noyes

south america's my name.

polkablues

Noyes, remind me to thank you profusely once I finish downloading.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

It must be said:

Ryan Adams.....

sucks....
period.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche