any ryan adams fans?

Started by abbey road, May 21, 2003, 03:41:41 PM

abbey road

ryan adams is one of my favorite, newer artists, i lvoe the whole modern bob dylan thing.......anyone agree?
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

SoNowThen

100%

I heard he's gonna release the box set of all the unreleased stuff this summer. Hope hope.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

i really like GOLD (although his influences may shine a little too brightly).  i am not too into HEARTBREAKER and i thought DEMOLITION was sort of crappy.  (why put out an album of "demos"?  why not just finish the songs and make them good? who wants to listen to an album of unfinished mediocre songs?)  unless youre a great artist or something for historical purposes.  he seems like kind of a self centred moody asshole though in real life.  i could be wrong though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

European Son

I hear he's going through the same thing Wilco did last year with his record company right now.

modage

really? that sucks. did you read about his weird breakdown thing in ROLLING STONE?  he posted on his message board like 4 times about him quitting the music business and then said he was just drunk or something.  i wonder why his record company would have a problem with him, hes far more successful now than he used to be?  and he is very productive.  hmm...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

moonshiner

i liked Heartbreaker a lot, more raw, emotional stuff....Gold was definitely a more polished album (pissed when i heard that awful cover of When the Stars Go Blue by the Corrs and Bono), his influences ARE pretty obvious, but i love it anyway, and he does bring a new element to his music.

Fucking love the Whiskeytown album, Stranger's Almanac. I also found a live performance at a place called Exit Inn on the internet, it was just Ryan, a guitar and harmonica, very much solidified my love for his music...Gillian Welch joins him for the last few songs. Time (the Revelator) is a great original Welch song.[/i]
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02he posted on his message board like 4 times about him quitting the music business and then said he was just drunk or something.
haha, drunk posting.. classic.
under the paving stones.

abbey road

i think he is kind of a moody asshole but thats hwta i love about him, if u go to his website it all has nothing to do with him, its just stuff about like national potato day and crap- its so hilarious- i love him as an artist and as an eccentirc.
I think heartbreaker is actually my favorite, i love the simplicity it has.
i personally liked demolition, but i do agree that he should have juts put out a new cd instead, and it piss' me off that he says he has like 1000000000 songs and he puts out demos. but o well, apparently he just recorded a new album, cant wait.
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

meatwad

my friends make fun of me because i like him. They are pieces of shit. no taste

[/url]www.thestate22.com//

abbey road

yea mine 2, thats jacked up. thier all: "why are u listening to country?", i just tell them to go to hell.
"royal with cheese"

modage

if anyone cares, the new album Rock N' Roll has leaked and its pretty good.

SoNowThen

of course it's good. Ryan Adams is good.

R&R comes out on Nov 4, along with the first installment of Love Is Hell. 2nd part of LIH comes out in Dec, along with the 4 cd box set of unreleased stuff!!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

classical gas

at first i thought this was ayn rand fans/  then i realized she sucks and no one would talk about her here.

Find Your Magali

Adam Duritz does a really great cover of "Oh My Sweet Carolina" by Adams. ...

Of course, the two bands, and their fans, are pretty strongly linked.

SHAFTR

He does seem moody.

In his interview with Playboy they mention how last time they talked to him, he was championing the White Stripes, but now he just ripped them apart.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"