Madness!!

Started by kotte, November 03, 2003, 04:03:10 PM

kotte

Where the fuck on the net can I find out what 35mm, S16mm and 16mm film stock costs?

I've been browsing my ass off...It's sore...please tell me  :cry:

SoNowThen

have Kodak send you a brochure

on a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone else hear that Kodak is getting out of film, or is that just for still photography?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThenhave Kodak send you a brochure

on a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone else hear that Kodak is getting out of film, or is that just for still photography?

Thanks!

So what else are they gonna do...?? It's kodak...they sell film...

SoNowThen

if that is in fact true, they'll concentrate exclusively on digital!??!

anyway, yeah, if you get onto the Kodak (or Fuji) website, they'll mail you a free list
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThenif that is in fact true, they'll concentrate exclusively on digital!??!

anyway, yeah, if you get onto the Kodak (or Fuji) website, they'll mail you a free list

Great. I'll do that...