Best Female Performance

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 25, 2005, 08:37:47 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Female Performance: Hillary Swank in MILLION DOLLAR BABY

THE NOMINEES

Catalina Sandino Moreno (MARIA FULL OF GRACE)
Natalie Portman (CLOSER)
Hillary Swank (MILLION DOLLAR BABY)
Uma Thurman (KILL BILL VOL. 2)
Kate Winslet (ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND)

ono

Xixax got one right (well, two counting Short Cuts).  Let's hope the Academy does too on Sunday.

modage

its likely that MDB will sweep the oscars for major categories.  i'm guessing best picture, director, actress and maybe adapted screenplay.  but these awards have always been the anti-oscars.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

Definetly a good choice here.

Kal

Quote from: themodernage02its likely that MDB will sweep the oscars for major categories.  i'm guessing best picture, director, actress and maybe adapted screenplay.  but these awards have always been the anti-oscars.

i hope you're wrong!!!!  :yabbse-thumbdown:

©brad

say what u will about the movie (in fact, don't. we've more than exhausted that topic) but i really think uma deserved this one.

brockly

Quote from: ©bradsay what u will about the movie (in fact, don't. we've more than exhausted that topic) but i really think uma deserved this one.

she was overrated in vol. 2. she deserved it last year, tho. swank got my vote :yabbse-thumbup:

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©bradi really think uma deserved this one.

Quote from: brocklyshe was overrated in vol. 2. she deserved it last year, tho.

Wait?  What?
are you trying to say that Uma's performance in Kill Bill Vol. 1 was excellent, but her performance in 2 was overrated?

Dude, they're the same movie!

Jeremy Blackman

Why is no one arguing for Natalie Portman? I thought she was the obvious choice.  :yabbse-sad:

modage

i voted for her, but it was a tough choice.  i liked everybody in this category.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bluejaytwist

stop winning awards for playing boys hilary
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com