Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

meatball

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Due to your avatar and the given Arnold picture, I have the most gruesome visual of Arnold groping Jack Black now.

GAH!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

lawrence fishburne, QT, RZA, Sean Penn, Katie Holmes, Robert Downy Jr., Robin Wright Penn, Rob Schnieder, Anna Faris, and Whoopi Goldberg.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Spike

I once met Roman Polanski. When I was in Poland last year (where I actually come from) I was in Krakau and inside a coffee shop he was sitting there, drinking a coffee and reading the newspaper. I wanted to have an autograph, so I just took some sheed of paper, a pencil and went up to him. He's a really nice guy with a soft voice. In his eyes you can really kinda feel what everything happened to him in his life. I just told him that I really love his autobiography and his movies and that I want to become a filmmaker someday. He said I shouldn't give up my dream and fight for it because if you want to be a filmmaker, you can pull it off and become one.

Then when I was at the Hofer Filmtage here in Germany I saw Wim Wenders and Tom Tykwer playing soccer (that's some kind of tradition there I think). I didn't talk to them, I just saw them about 20 meters away from me.

Last but not least I saw Peter Jackson at the Berlin European Premiere of "The Return of the King". Luckily I was in the first row when he passed and everyone around me just wanted to have their LOTR-items signed so he was really surprised when I gave him my "Braindead" and "Bad Taste"-DVDs to sign. He smiled, looked at me and went away.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Dottie_Hinkle

I met John Waters a few times at the world premieres of Divine Trash and Pecker.  I also met Lili Taylor there, Edward Furlong, Mink Stole, Susan Lowe and the "I sniff juror's underpants" guy from Serial Mom.  I have a ticket from the show autogtraphed by all  of them.  I also saw Oprah in an airport but didn't meet her.
Does Anyone Know Where I can get the soundtrack/score to BANANAS?

Bruce Lee

I've dinned with Rob Low in June 2003 at the Emirates tent at Randwick Racecourse in Sydney.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

My contribution.
I met Vanessa Bauche (the girl who played Susana in Amores Perros') and she was extremely nice. Originally, it was a conference about the Mexican film industry's current state. It was supposed to last an hour and it prolonged, and the room in which she was adressing to us was going to be used  so  when the conference was about to end, she suggested moving to another room, or even the grass...
The talk ended lasting 4 hours,  and she told us about how difficult it is for a woman being in that industry (filled with machism), her experience at the Academy Awards  and how Gael García 'shadowed everyone at the ceremony. They weren't allowed to enter by the red carpet, and they sat next to all the Crouching Tiger crew. She also talked about Salma.
context, context, context.

pete

oh yeah, I've also met Bruce Campbell and Natalie Portman.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Stefen's mom.

If you don't know why she's famous, then you haven't met her.

Stefen

Quote from: 50 CentiphileStefen's mom.

If you don't know why she's famous, then you haven't met her.

Thank you for not revealing her vixenous identity.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

The curly haired geek from Freaks and Geeks. Actually, I just walked behind him on the sidewalk and then he walked into Panda Express.

Weak2ndAct

I really think I'm a loser sometimes, but the list convinces me otherwise (for a second or two anyway...)

- Quentin Tarantino (the man)
- Roger Avary (cool)
- Spike Jonze (aloof, but nice)
- Johnny Knoxville (world champion party guy)
- Eli Roth (super cool)
- Matt Dillon (a little weird)
- The Midget, Lucy, and Ben Horne from Twin Peaks (they're all nice, but totally insane)
- Christopher Nolan (humble and nice)
- Mike White (sweetheart)
- Richard Kelly (the man #2)
- Judd Nelson (on coke!)
- Carson Daly (tool)
- John Landis (dick-ish)
- Michael Moore (really nice)

Now looking it over, I guess I'm really a director whore if anything.  Or at least they're more approachable and unsuspecting of pestering if it's in public.  For some reason I find much apprehension of bothering an actor.  That feels so Ohio.

LostEraser

Woa, good list Weak2nd act! How did you meet Richard Beymer (Ben Horne)? I used to live at his LA place while he lived in Iowa. Yes, he's very insane. lol! I've been to about 6 twin peaks festivals so I've meet a lot of Twin Peaks actors and am good friends with a lot of them. But I've also met:

Nicholas Cage - film screening
Uma Thurman - film screening
Julianna Moore - Birds Cafe where I used to work. She had trouble finding the bathroom
Chirstina Ricci - again, Birds
Willem Dafoe - film screening
Johnny Knoxville - a couple of times at some sleazy little bars in Hollywood. The Frolic Room and The Burgendy room near Hollywood and Cahunga.
Spike Jonze - film screening and then again just walking down the street. Yes, he was very aloof but very nice. He remembered me.
Keifer Sutherland - A strip club called Crazy Girls. he was VERY drunk and carrying a black leather cane.
Eli Roth - he was actually my friend before he got famous. We met on DavidLynch.com and he came to some of the little DL.com gatherings we would organize. He was the life of the party every time. A really cool guy.  
Quenting Tarantino - at a bunch of film screenings and also just at a regualr showing of Gangs of New York a while ago. He's super cool and, again, he's remembered me the last few times.

And the ultimate one, my personal favorite, is David Lynch. The man himself. I just got lucky and got to meet him because I was an avid DL.com member and chatter and he just invited me up to his studio to talk and hang along with a few other members. I'm very lucky, because he usually just invites girls up. lol! I still have the picture of the two of us together framed. We're both giving the thumbs up sign just like Gordon and Coop.  :-D  :wink: He was very friendly and a real inspiration to meet him. and usually I don't say that about meeting celebs.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra