David O. Russell

Started by Ernie, February 18, 2003, 11:15:52 AM

Ernie

Where the fuck has this guy been? I miss him. Three Kings and Flirting With Disaster are two of the best movies ever made without question. Anybody know what he's been up to? He's been gone since 1999, I think I'm ready for another awesome movie. You got anything Macguffin?

Rudie Obias

david o russell is one of my favorite directors.  THREE KINGS is such a beautiful film.  my friends make fun of me cuz i like a george clooney/marky mark movie.  they're idiots!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Xixax

Quote from: rudieobdavid o russell is one of my favorite directors.  THREE KINGS is such a beautiful film.  my friends make fun of me cuz i like a george clooney/marky mark movie.  they're idiots!
These are probably the same people that are watching "Swimfan." Consider the source!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

David O'Russell is a fucking asshole- so I've read. There was a lot of bad press on the making of Three Kings- him and George Clooney getting into a fight (almost). He supposedly was very harsh with the extras. When asked if he would ever work with O'Russell again, Clooney replied "Man, life is just too short." Three Kings is a great film though...

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Xixax
These are probably the same people that are watching "Swimfan." Consider the source!

but i liked SWIMFAN.  from now on if we wanna make fun of someone for liking bad movies, let's use KANGAROO JACK as an reference.  example:  "man, MAGNOLIA was a piece of shit!  i wish they could make more movies like KANGAROO JACK and THE BANGER SISTERS!"
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

RegularKarate

Quote from: ebeaman69Three Kings and Flirting With Disaster are two of the best movies ever made without question. ?

I certainly question that.

Three Kings had it's moments, but it's far from a great film.

Flirting with disaster was kind of funny, that's about it.

Ernie

Quote from: rudieobdavid o russell is one of my favorite directors.  THREE KINGS is such a beautiful film.  my friends make fun of me cuz i like a george clooney/marky mark movie.  they're idiots!

Marky Mark is fucking awesome, as is Clooney. Who do your friends think they are? Mark and Clooney are probably better looking then them AND, more importantly, could probably kick the shit out of them . Especially Mark, that guy is ripped.

Cecil

Quote from: rudieobfrom now on if we wanna make fun of someone for liking bad movies, let's use KANGAROO JACK as an reference.  example:  "man, MAGNOLIA was a piece of shit!  i wish they could make more movies like KANGAROO JACK and THE BANGER SISTERS!"

thats a good idea. i used to use xXx alot and some people objected so, using kangaroo jack  will make everyone happy.

Victor

man, everyone's always shittin on kangaroo jack. i agree, its a piece of shit, i would never watch it voluntarily, but cmon, its a little kid movie for little kids. if i was a little kid when this came out i would cream my fuckin pants over it.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

Quote from: Lesterman, everyone's always shittin on kangaroo jack. i agree, its a piece of shit, i would never watch it voluntarily, but cmon, its a little kid movie for little kids. if i was a little kid when this came out i would cream my fuckin pants over it.

DENIED!

kangaroo jack as the reference for shit filmmaking it is (xXx still usable for limited time only)

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lesteri agree, its a piece of shit, i would never watch it voluntarily, but cmon, its a little kid movie for little kids.

Apparently not:

The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced movie includes a scene in which heat-dazed crooks Jerry O'Connell and Anthony Anderson spot supermodel Estella Warren, playing a wildlife conservationist, standing before them. As the Washington Post's Desson Howe describes it, "Thinking she's a mirage, [O'Connell] clamps both his hands on her breasts and declares, 'Hey, these feel so real!' " There's also a testicle joke, a wet tank-top scene with Warren under a waterfall, a chase sequence with shotgun fire and a scene where a villain puts a knife at O'Connell's throat and snarls, "I'm going to carve you up piece by piece."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ksmc

"Spanking the Monkey" is my personal favorite of the David O. Russell canon. Jeremy Davies is absolutely amazing.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Pwaybloe

Yeah, I loved that movie.  I thought it was completely erotic, 'cause his Mom was hot.  

Oedipus Complex here I come!

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69AND, more importantly, could probably kick the shit out of them .

Probably the most important thing in life is being able to kick the shit out of somebody. well done.

Tommy Both

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: ebeaman69Three Kings and Flirting With Disaster are two of the best movies ever made without question. ?
Three Kings had it's moments, but it's far from a great film.

I agree