-Wallace and Gromit
-KONG
-hilarious Tomlin/Streep

FUCK
-penguins
-Three Six Mafia except for the comic value. GO DOLLY!  :shock:
-CRASH crushed me.
-Reese's long boring speech.
-FUCK GEISHA FOR ROBBING THE NEW WORLD'S CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARD.
-Spielberg snubbed

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 05, 2006, 10:51:26 PM
Quote from: RedVines on March 05, 2006, 10:42:29 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

:nono: excuse me sugar..but you cant cop out w/ the "gay cowboy movie"....hollywood is full of liberal idiots...and the fact that the film won for director, screenplay, and nominated for best pic...deadens your arguement....brokeback didnt win b/c of its gayness but rather b/c its overrated.......and heath and jake are douchebags ......damn, douchebag is such a great word..

have you seen the movie, fucko? go watch Crash again to fulfill your education on the nuances of the "race relation genre." i can't figure out why i prefer the beautiful, charged story of Brokeback Mountain with its wonderful, spirited humanity to a lesson on how Blacks Can Be Racist Too, maybe i'm crazy.

godardian

Quote from: RedVines on March 05, 2006, 10:42:29 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

:nono: excuse me sugar..but you cant cop out w/ the "gay cowboy movie"....hollywood is full of liberal idiots...and the fact that the film won for director, screenplay, and nominated for best pic...deadens your arguement....brokeback didnt win b/c of its gayness but rather b/c its overrated.......and heath and jake are douchebags ......damn, douchebag is such a great word..

Yes, only a liberal idiot would vote for Crash. The smart liberal people (obviously outnumbered) in Hollywood surely voted for one of the others. They're all better movies than Crash, a good third of which plays like an okay episode of a "quality" TV drama, not the best feature film of the year.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

w/o horse

Stewart was the only good part of a boring year of Oscars and Oscar winners.

I wasn't a big fan of Munich, but it was the last nomination for best picture read, and then Crash won, and it came to me then how much more I would have rather seen Munich win.

But you know.  Whatever.  The Oscars come and go, the pictures stay, I'm thirsty.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

pumba

I want in on whatever drugs the academy are on. Crash winning is FUCKED UP.

matt35mm

Quote from: polkablues on March 05, 2006, 10:34:39 PM
Best line of the night: "For those of you keeping score at home... Martin Scorcese: zero Oscars.  36Mafia: one."
Good line.  My favorite line was after the big dramatic montage (what was with all the montages?) about the social issues that Hollywood has tackled: "And none of those were ever problems again." or something like that.

w/o horse

I just liked his face after 36Mafia won.

I kept typing 35.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: shnorff on March 05, 2006, 11:01:23 PM
I want in on whatever drugs the academy are on.

Is inability or lack of desire to properly assess subtext a drug?

godardian

Quote from: Hedwig on March 05, 2006, 10:53:26 PM

have you seen the movie, fucko? go watch Crash again to fulfill your education on the nuances of the "race relation genre." i can't figure out why i prefer the beautiful, charged story of Brokeback Mountain with its wonderful, spirited humanity to a lesson on how Blacks Can Be Racist Too, maybe i'm crazy.

Another good question along those lines is: Where was Spike Lee's award for Do the Right Thing, a much more astute and important film on race than Crash?

. . . but the people who are saying that we're making too much of all this are right. It's only the Oscars. The actual quality of a film is not lessened or heightened by losing or winning an award.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pumba

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 05, 2006, 11:03:33 PM
Quote from: shnorff on March 05, 2006, 11:01:23 PM
I want in on whatever drugs the academy are on.

Is inability or lack of desire to properly assess subtext a drug?

Can i say....yes?

The Red Vine

this might actually come as a surprise to you, but the Academy is paranoid about how they look. Brokeback Mountain was the most controversial movie of the year and had tons of protests. most of the Academy people are old-fashioned geezers and I'm guessing a few did not like the idea of Brokeback too much. yea, it got a few Oscars but not the ultimate award of the evening. if you want over-rated, go look at Crash.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

killafilm

Am I the only one going to suffer from nightmares with the image of Dolly?

I mean really she's 60!

Pozer

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on March 05, 2006, 01:38:12 PM
But if for some God for saken reason Crash wins, we:
D. Plot to kill ban that dude Crash just for having the name Crash pyramid machine!

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

i knew it, notorious b.i.g. didn't die, he just lost some weight.

hedwig

Quote from: killafilm on March 05, 2006, 11:12:45 PM
Am I the only one going to suffer from nightmares with the image of Dolly?

I mean really she's 60!

no Dolly won't even have a CAMEO in my star-studded nightmares.

another thing I wanted to add to the list of things I liked: the montage about cinema relating to social justice was moving. it made me smile to see so many brilliant and important films being acknowledged.. my favourite was the short clip they played from the Woody Allen-starring "The Front," really wonderful and underrated.

and once again, bravo to Mr. Hoffman. definitely the most heartfelt speech of the night.