the marquee

Started by (kelvin), June 25, 2003, 03:32:33 PM

modage

You want to fuck with what my brothers are saying?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

This reminds me of Celebrity, when that rabbi says "the skinheads ate all the bagels..."

Hehehe. Woody is funny.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: RegularKarateYeah... whatever...

By saying there aren't a lot of skinheads are you implying that there aren't enough?  Because dude, that's just offensive.

Now that is funny , that and cecils post about knocking a guy out and stuffing a dick in his mouth to take a picture

i feel almost proud :: tears well up::

(kelvin)

Quote from: RegularKarateYeah... whatever...

Eurotrash... some people just deserve that title.
There are Hicks in America... that doesn't mean that all American's are Hicks or Hillbillies.

And there are plenty of skinheads everywhere.  In America too.  

By saying there aren't a lot of skinheads are you implying that there aren't enough?  Because dude, that's just offensive.

Dear Sir,

thou hadst insulted me gravely. I hereby demand immediate satisfaction.
Only thy blood shall let my enraged soul come to rest and put an end to my agony.

In tyrannos!

ono

I just wanted to say I heartily approve of the new forum banner.  It's no "we no likey Hitler," but it'll do.  :yabbse-thumbup:

modage

yeah, but you should have seen the OLD one...

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

...I just peed my pants.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: themodernage02yeah, but you should have seen the OLD one...

im speachless , this is beyond fucking funny , dear lord

Fernando

Wow, that's a kick ass banner, great job to whoever did it.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: FernandoWow, that's a kick ass banner, great job to whoever did it.

Thank you.  :yabbse-grin:

Hopefully everyone knows it's a reference to this.

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: FernandoWow, that's a kick ass banner, great job to whoever did it.

Thank you.  :yabbse-grin:

Hopefully everyone knows it's a reference to this.

Ah, I should've known... there's a restrained, wise eloquence to it that could only be the work of Blackman.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

It's a good thing there are perfect people like JB to point out the films for others. Otherwise, how would we know on which night the terribly wrong and evil characters are?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Find Your Magali

The similarities between Tom Cruise (top left) and Jack Nicholson (top right) are quite startling today.

Same eyebrows.
Same five o'clock shadow
Same greasy hair over the forehead