Out of Print - Documentary on The New Beverly Cinema

Started by wilder, March 31, 2017, 11:14:46 PM

wilder

A documentary exploring the importance of revival cinema and 35mm exhibition - seen through the lens of the patrons of the New Beverly Cinema - a unique and independent revival cinema in Los Angeles.

Featuring interviews with: Kevin Smith, Edgar Wright, John Landis, Stuart Gordon, Joe Dante, Richard Kelly, Lloyd Kaufman, Rian Johnson, Noah Segan, Patton Oswalt, Seth Green, DC Pierson, Mark Romanek, Tom Holland, Fred Dekker, Joe Carnahan, Julia Marchese, Grae Drake, Donald McQuade, Marion Kerr, David Crennen, Gariana Abeyta, Alissa Davis, Drew Coombs, Courtney Joyner, Matt Dinan, Paul Vickery

Directed by Julia Marchese
Now Streaming on Amazon Prime, also available on iTunes

Something Spanish

enjoyed this little doc quite a lot. wasn't even aware of its existence until clicking on this thread a few days ago. just a bunch of folks talking nostalgically about celluloid, some prominent folks too, as noticed in the credits. i've only been to the new bev once, last summer, seeing a double feature of two films never seen before, wicked and niagra, niagra. the spot would definitely be a home away from home if i lived out there. i think it's the only placed kill bill: the whole bloody affair has played in the us.