Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Fernando

these past 4 eps have been great, specially the last two which gives me hope they can pull off a great ending to the series.

I wonder if sawyer can really fool black-locke, isnt he supposed to be all knowledgeable and shit like jacob? at some point he has to see through his bullshit.

Quote from: polkablues on March 17, 2010, 12:28:13 AM
And Richard Alpert episode next week! Super excited.

YES!

Derek

So, in effect, the alternate timeline cannot be reconciled with the island timeline due to the fact their pasts are all different.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Kal

how funny was sawyer's "son of a bitch" at the end when he catches kate?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

well that was probably one of the best episodes ever.

mogwai

jerome

When Jacob/Mark Pellegrino dunked Richard's head into the water, I expected him to say "Where's the money Lebowski??" haha

Kal

This was great. The end is near damnit.

RegularKarate

You guys make a whole lot more noise when you DON'T like the episode.

This last one was so great.  Man in Black's reaction to finding out Richard listened to Jacob... he just gave up.  I still think it's possible Jacob is the evil one.

Fernando

I was wondering, how come Linus could kill Jacob if they had a conversation? isn't that like a rule that if either one of them speaks to you before you stab him you can't kill him??

or maybe Jacob was vulnerable inside the statue. whatever the explanation is that was an amazing episode, and now they must show how Ilana got hurt.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Fernando on March 25, 2010, 11:35:10 AM
or maybe Jacob was vulnerable inside the statue.

That's what I'm thinking.  You can't go inside unless you've been invited.  Part of the loophole.

diggler

i thought the most interesting reveal was that the black rock came to the island in a storm and last season it was off the shore in clear sunny skies, apparently that was deliberate.

i'm happy they gave richard a patient, singular storyline as opposed to the "Richards Greatest Hits" i was expecting. i thought they rushed through the rousseau backstory so i'm happy they didn't do that here.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Gamblour.

Quote from: ddiggler on March 25, 2010, 12:27:18 PM
i thought the most interesting reveal was that the black rock came to the island in a storm and last season it was off the shore in clear sunny skies, apparently that was deliberate.

I noticed that too, but why would it be deliberate? It doesn't really make sense.

Wasn't crazy for this one. It was well done for a slower episode, but didn't really introduce much more than we have already inferred about Richard: slave on Hanso's slave ship. I was a bit surprised how long they spent with him chained up. This really an episode to see Jacob and Nemesis behave a bit more. By behave, I mean the nature of the Nemesis is still unclear, but Jacob, I'd argue, is even more unclear. The Nemesis has been officially called "malevolence, evil, darkness" etc by Jacob, but does that make Jacob 'good'? Not in the slightest. He ruins people's lives (granted, that are already ruined) by bringing them to the island for redemption. Well, look where it got John Locke. Jacob's motives are too fucked up to ever be described as 'good'. Even Jacob's most devout follower, Alpert, is fucking pissed. What's the point of all of this if he just brings people to the island to learn a lesson they can never take with them?
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Quote from: ddiggler on March 25, 2010, 12:27:18 PM

You're assuming the boat we saw before was the Black Rock.  It very well could have been any other ship from any other prior time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on March 25, 2010, 04:43:01 PM
You're assuming the boat we saw before was the Black Rock.  It very well could have been any other ship from any other prior time.

Exactly... there have been so many brought to the island, there's no reason to believe more than one was a boat.

Jacob ISN'T good... I don't think either of them are.  It's possible that they're both there as part of a test and they each have different methods and desires.  They're basically Jack and Locke in the hatch.