Californication (on Showtime)

Started by Kal, September 16, 2007, 03:48:40 PM

Pas

Quote from: Hedwig on December 16, 2008, 02:49:49 PM
poorly written, dialogue is borderline diablo codyish, situations are absurdly unrealistic, the show is an endless cascade of debauchery with occasional moments of forced emotion.

oh, i love this show. :shock:

hahahaha I couldn't have said it better

Kal

Quote from: Hedwig on December 16, 2008, 02:49:49 PM
poorly written, dialogue is borderline diablo codyish, situations are absurdly unrealistic, the show is an endless cascade of debauchery with occasional moments of forced emotion.

oh, i love this show. :shock:

you think its unrealistic? you have to come to LA for a while and see for youself.

Fernando

really? so hot young girls hit on middle age men like that??  :ponder:

The way this show is written I have a feeling the writers wish to be hank moody...

About the end season ep. it was ok I guess, I thought the first 15min. was too sitcom-y, like something out of friends only rated R, small gag - guitar break to the next scene - and so on, I'll keep watching next year...

btw, I had a dream that I kissed Madeline Zima, only that in the reality of the dream Madeline was a girl* I had a crush on 6th grade, in my dream I see her years later and I have the balls i didn't back then to confess I had a huge crush on her, she smiled flirtatiously so I kissed her...

* now that I think about it, she kinda looked like her, mainly her eyes.

cine

season 3 is awesome. fucking love it. amazes me none of the regulars talk about this. then again, i guess nobody discusses much TV on here anyhow.

oh and i've gotta call this out now, since i never saw this:

Quote from: Fernando on December 16, 2008, 05:13:59 PM
really? so hot young girls hit on middle age men like that??  :ponder:

The way this show is written I have a feeling the writers wish to be hank moody...

hahahaha.. yeah young hot girls wanting to fuck rich, smooth-talking older men. imagine that!!

Fernando

love it too, and what the hell happened to k.turner??? is it make up or does she really looks like a monster now?

SiliasRuby

Over the past 7 or 8 years she really turned into something different...she's still sexy to me but ya...fat sexy. Like Kristie Alley was when she started getting fat in the late 90's.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

I watch this show but I shouldn't.  The writing is so transparent you can tell that when characters go on rants about something misogynistic/homophobic/etc it's clearly the creator getting something off his chest and that really bothers me.  I used to think it was a slightly-better Entourage because Duchovny made it watchable but now I think it might be slightly worse.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

yeah at least Entourage has production values, this looks cheap and reallly quickly written/done.

This one is a little smarter than Entourage though, but that's not saying much really.

Kal

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I really dug the pilot, but the intro and all those "edgy" transitions made it really awkward.  If those are gone, I may get into it.  I do like David Duchovny and boobs (sadly, probably in that order).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

What's wrong with "edgy" transitions?

I love this show, this season especially. Mod I know what you mean about the writing. You do feel the writers getting on their soapbox a bit, and the mannered, over-written dialogue does at times suffer from Dawson's Creek Syndrome where everyone sounds just a little too smart (I guess it's not surprising that creator Tom Kapinos scribed several seasons of Dawson's Creek before this). But I kind of let it slide b/c Hank is a writer and it makes sense that he would speak in such a way. He's also one of the most fun protagonists on TV right now. I'd also like to nominate Kathleen Turner for most profane/hysterical guest star of the year.

And Entourage? Please, there's no comparison. That show just needs to be put out of its misery.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

yeah i stopped watching Arrested Development after the first episode because they kept fading to white instead of black. how did they expect me to get into the show when they pull shit like that? no thank you!

©brad

Quote from: ©brad on October 21, 2009, 05:16:13 PMI love this show, this season especially.

Oh shut up ©brad. What the hell do you know about what you love.

I'm officially flip-flopping on this one (have I always been this schizo?). The last 3 episodes of this show have been deplorable and if things don't improve quick-like I'm done. I'm hardly a prude, but some of the vulgar shit they pull is just disgusting. They no longer bring the funny ("nothing like the sound of a stripper's head hitting the floor huh huh"), each episode is ridden with sitcom tropes, and for the love of christ Hank's "pity," puntastic dialogue is grating as shit and is now causing me to throw things at my TV.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.