What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Bram

Wow, that's one of the greatest covers I've ever seen given to a novel/book.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Meszahline on April 04, 2007, 02:12:44 AM
Wow, that's one of the greatest covers I've ever seen given to a novel/book.

And it has one of the steamiest/funniest clown-on-clown sex scenes ever written.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Foucault - Archaeology of Knowledge

After 5 pages you know that you are as stupid as a cow compared to this guy...

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

grand theft sparrow

^ So did anyone get any of those frames? 

MacGuffin

Mmmmmmm... New Chuck.

Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey - Chuck Palahnuik
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Sigur Rós

Gamblour.

Just finished reading it. Very dark and bleak. It's gonna stick with me for a while (like a prehensile tail)
WWPTAD?

last days of gerry the elephant

A great insight on targeted niche markets of big distributors like Netflix, Rhapsody, and Amazon. Demand for non-commercial music, movies, and books.

grand theft sparrow

Ravi

Just finished reading these:

Kal

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on June 09, 2007, 01:54:28 PM
Just finished reading these:

Do you recommend them, Ravi?  "Letter" is on my list of next books to read, along with Christopher Hitchens' book.
My house, my rules, my coffee