Girls review for David Gordon Green/PTA fans

Started by Ernie, March 30, 2003, 09:42:00 AM

Ernie

Oh my god, I just fell in love with this 4 star review of All the Real Girls (only 4 days left!). I just found it on rotten tomatoes...wow, I am totally seeing this film a million times...this review increased my anticipation more than any other review has. It's by Geoff Pevere of The Toronto Star. If you are a fan of PTA and David Gordon Green, you will fucking love it. It compares their styles beautifully in the first couple paragraphs. It's really fun to read if you like them. Or if you can't wait to see All the Girls...or if you already have seen it, this might make more sense to you. Anyway, just read it! I think they're the two of the best young filmmakers working today. If you haven't heard of DGG, look him up on IMDB right fucking now, rent George Washington and see All the Real Girls.

Here's the link....

link resized by mystery admin.

bonanzataz

I saw it at the Angelika on Thursday. It was excellent. Me and my friends snuck 40's into the theater and got a little bit trashed, which added to the experience somewhat (even if the last 30 mins of the movie is a tad hazy). But it was really good, I can't wait til it comes out on DVD. You'll enjoy it beaman.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ernie

Awesome. I love to hear good things about the film. I'm seeing it friday night...first showing after school...can't fucking wait. I hope it gets a criterion like GW did. Maybe DGG could make like Wes Anderson.

chainsmoking insomniac

who is this Green fellow? you're comparing him to PTA, huh? can anyone tell me what movies he's made? and what about this All About the Girls....tell me please!!!!!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pubrick

Quote from: punchdrunk23who is this Green fellow? you're comparing him to PTA, huh? can anyone tell me what movies he's made? and what about this All About the Girls....tell me please!!!!!
u asked the same question over here and i told u in the same thread that what ur looking for is in the other pages of that same thread.
under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls