The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

SHAFTR

Quote from: CinseyI just finished watching the Christmas Special (downloaded it).

*spoilers*

... I cried at the end. There I said it.

I'm guilty as well.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

UncleJoey

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: CinseyI just finished watching the Christmas Special (downloaded it).

*spoilers*

... I cried at the end. There I said it.

I'm guilty as well.

Just watched it . . . and that makes three of us.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

cine

Let's all make out.

No, I'm kidding guys.

seriously though..

meatball

Quote from: CinseyLet's all make out.

No, I'm kidding guys.

seriously though..

Cin's in heat.  :shock:

modage

Quote from: Ricky GervaisMatt's asked me [to appear on the Simpsons], and I am working with him for  some ideas. I don't want to do it for the sake of it, so I don't want to crowbar myself in. I don't think I want to play myself because, I don't know really, I don't think I'm famous enough. I don't want to be Brent because that'll only work as a fictional character in a fictional thing. So, we just think of a character and... I got an email the other day from Al Jean the producer saying we'll just work on it.. any ideas and stuff, which is nice. I said that there is no rush and they are the same so it's a long ball game as they say, and I am very excited about that. Also, "Arrested Development" have also asked me as well. That's my new favourite show of the moment. I'm trying to find time to do that.

full interview here: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=13&p=info&c=25&n=1&burl=
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

just watched the special.  loved it.  didnt cry, but probably because the two surprises had been ruined for me already.  dawn was UNBELIEVEABLY pretty on the final episode.  great show, probably better than AD (so far) and SPACED but not by much.  the interview on the dvd with the cast is almost as funny as the show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I want to marry Dawn soo bad.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

SPOILERS

Too bad the surprise about Dawn and Tim was spoiled on the back of the DVD cover.  The music video was hilarious.  I have yet to watch the doc or the other stuff, but the special was great.

MacGuffin

Is anyone going to tune in tonight and watch NBC do to The Office what it did to Coupling?

Should we take bets? I say 3 episodes before it's cancelled.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Is there really such a thing as dry American humor?  The promos I've seen for the American version of The Office don't look terribly funny, though maybe I need to see the jokes in context.  What made the original so great was the deadpan-ness of it.

Sleuth

This is actually going to be good, though.  The first episode is going to be a rehash, so now that we all know that, please don't complain that it's a ripoff.  The real ripoff here is the Tim character who is called Jim and sucks.  Give it a season to find the right rhythm
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinIs anyone going to tune in tonight and watch NBC do to The Office what it did to Coupling?

Should we take bets? I say 3 episodes before it's cancelled.
i'm tivo-ing it.  i'll bet even if its really good, but nowhere near as good as the original, it'll still be cancelled because americans hate different.

Gamblour.

Meh.

It's got potential. It was only funny when they did something different. The reused jokes were terrible. The editing was either right on or distracting.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Didn't like it.  The only time I laughed was when Carell kept doing his Six Million Dollar Man impression.  It won't match the original, of course, but I'm willing to give it a few episodes to hit its stride.

cine

Quote from: RaviThe only time I laughed was when Carell kept doing his Six Million Dollar Man impression.  It won't match the original, of course, but I'm willing to give it a few episodes to hit its stride.
ditto.