Mad Men

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 21, 2008, 12:51:38 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

i guess someone on the show also bought that 4 disc Roy O compilation...that was possibly a track i was saving in my back pocket.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

JG

best self-contained episode of mad men yet.

picolas

the av club pointed this out and i think they're absolutely right: the brilliant thing about the finale is that we expected everything to go badly, but it was actually extremely optimistic, and lots of great things came out of the inevitable breakdown. maybe things will be okay after all... i LOVE subversively happy endings.

SiliasRuby

The hype was worth it. Man, what an episode. It was great to see Joanie back in the fold. The ending was strangely optimistic and it made my heart melt. I'm hoping they bring back salvatore and when they return for this summer (for season 4) I'm also hoping it will start in february 1964. The month The Beatles came to America....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

©brad

Holy crap that was one of the most exhilarating finales I have ever seen. Fuck everything bad I've ever said about this show and fuck anyone who doesn't love it.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

'Mad Men' has not caught 'Lost' fever: no end date in sight, says AMC
Source: Los Angeles Times

The creator of "Mad Men" has created a mad stir with some innocuous comments he made at the National Association of Broadcasters convention last week.

As reported by no media outlets other than theweeklyblend.com, Matt Weiner apparently said that he could not see writing or continuing the advertising-centric series beyond its sixth season. The fourth season will premiere in July.

That came as a big surprise to fans, but no one was more surprised than the network that airs the show, AMC.

A spokeswoman for AMC assures that no end date has been set for the show and issued this statement on behalf of the network: "No one wants to see Don Draper wearing a leisure suit.  We trust Matthew's vision and that he knows where to take the show.  But with that said, M*A*S*H figured how to stretch the Korean War for more than a decade, so stay tuned! "
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 19, 2010, 06:56:10 PM
A spokeswoman for AMC assures that no end date has been set for the show and issued this statement on behalf of the network: "No one wants to see Don Draper wearing a leisure suit.  We trust Matthew's vision and that he knows where to take the show.  But with that said, M*A*S*H figured how to stretch the Korean War for more than a decade, so stay tuned! "

AMC's statement does nothing to dispell what the show's creator said. Wiener basically revealed that if the show DOES go past 6 seasons it will be guarranteed to be purely for the money. that may well hav been the reason he said anything in the first place, he's just playing hardball.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

I do loves me some Helvetica.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cronopio 2

this is kinda cool. if i were smithers i'd be head over heels about these, although they did fucked up don's face a bit, but i guess they have to make them look friendly:

http://www.barbiecollector.com/showcase/gallery.aspx?t=modern&y=s150206

modage

We updated our site with some new clothes, backgrounds and accessories if you would like to Mad Men Yourself again (please!)

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/madmenyourself/

Kal

Quote from: modage on July 01, 2010, 01:28:05 PM
We updated our site with some new clothes, backgrounds and accessories if you would like to Mad Men Yourself again (please!)

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/madmenyourself/

I'm disappointed mod. Couldn't come up with new ideas?

modage

We had a ton of original ideas but AMC didn't want to put up the cash unfort, so instead we got to do a little refresh.  But still cool!