DVD Warnings and Unexpected Pluses (not easter eggs)

Started by socketlevel, December 17, 2004, 06:01:03 PM

socketlevel

This came up in another thread and i don't know if it already exists, don't think so cause i've never seen it, but then again i don't really know how to search for it.

Sometimes the studios don't print the right information on the boxes.  if you've come across a DVD that didn't have one of the features listed or had and extra one (not including easter eggs) that they should have mentioned.

1. bully - no larry clarke commentary
2. scream (in early release, not re-release) - kevin williamson and wes craven commentary
3. collateral - michaelf mann commentary

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

On the Fabulous Baker Boys DVD, there is an unadvertised commentary by Michael Ballhaus.

Then there's also the hidden commentary on the Pulp Fiction DVD:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3668&start=0
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Wow, didn't even know there was a secret contratary track on the pulp fiction se dvd, you learn something new all the time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Stefencontratary
Is that like contraband commentary?

Stefen

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

I don't know. I havent found the secret pulp ficton commentary track yet, HAVE YOU?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

socketlevel

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

I don't know. I havent found the secret pulp ficton commentary track yet, HAVE YOU?

that was entertaining, personal fave was the upside down disc commentary.  peanut butter took it a little too far you could have kept that guy going for a while if you didn't make it too crazy.

thinking of crazy shit brought me back to highschool with album stuff (still the best was the a#B# infinity vinyl, and the blind melon soup cd secret track, actually both really creative)

-sl-

cine

Quote from: socketlevelpeanut butter took it a little too far you could have kept that guy going for a while if you didn't make it too crazy.
Huh?

Obviously you haven't tried it..

socketlevel

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffinThen there's also the hidden commentary on the Pulp Fiction DVD:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3668&start=0

Best thread ever, man.

NEON MERCURY

on the jacob's ladder dvd there is an  unadvertised commentary track, making of, and other stuff.......

MacGuffin

Friday Night Lights has an unadvertised commentary track by director Peter Berg and author H.G. Bissinger.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

I can't believe I bought the Drive DVD with all the juicy special features like Commentary and behind the scenes shit that wasn't available on the other DVD's I scoped out and now when I pop it in, the BUTTON to access the special features doesn't work!!!!!!!!$*$&&@*@@#%%^$*&@&#$@!!$$&%&

Got any ideas of how I could jimmy the blu ray player to make it work? I'm thinking of going at it with a screwdriver. Anyone ever had this problem? I've tried it on like 50 different DVD players. Yeah, it's good to at least own a copy of the movie, but I can watch it in HD on netflix. The shit is just a piece of plastic.

Talk about your DVD fuckups to help make me feel better.

polkablues

One time I bought a DVD of "Running Scared" (the Billy Crystal/Gregory Hines one), and I could get to the menu fine, I could play whatever sparse special features there were, but when I hit the "Play Movie" button, it crashed my DVD player.  I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another copy, which did the exact same thing.  The moral of the story is, don't bend over in front of the universe, because it will fuck you every time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Reelist on November 18, 2012, 12:12:09 PM
I can't believe I bought the Drive DVD with all the juicy special features like Commentary and behind the scenes shit that wasn't available on the other DVD's I scoped out and now when I pop it in, the BUTTON to access the special features doesn't work!!!!!!!!$*$&&@*@@#%%^$*&@&#$@!!$$&%&

Got any ideas of how I could jimmy the blu ray player to make it work? I'm thinking of going at it with a screwdriver. Anyone ever had this problem? I've tried it on like 50 different DVD players. Yeah, it's good to at least own a copy of the movie, but I can watch it in HD on netflix. The shit is just a piece of plastic.

Did you happen to purchase a used copy?  The reason I asked is because I recently rented the Moonrise Kingdom blu-ray from Redbox.  When I attempted to access the special features, it came back with an error.  The error said something about the features were available on the purchase disc, and this was only a rental disk.  You didn't mention an error, nor I wasn't clear if your disc is a DVD or BD.  So, this may be irrelevant.

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Reelist on November 18, 2012, 12:12:09 PM

Which edition of Drive are you talking about? I searched the net for one with a commentary however nothing came up.