he needs to weep
because if we don't pay attention
he will cry even more

dra-dog

carax
Production Assistant

godardian
Screenwriter

.... what has that got to do with anything?

Just wondered what was meant by "new baby."

ah. fair enough.

The Silver Bullet

Godardian is one of the best additions to this site. My two cents. Though now you probably want to kill me or something. Oh well.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianJust wondered what was meant by "new baby."
here's the thing tho, we like carax, we don't like ur needlessly superior attitude.

Silver Bullet doesn't count in 'we'., u both belong to the group who are the worst part of the any e-community:

"the interweb is a place for highbrow correspondence bewtixt likeminded individuals of only the most proper upbringing."
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

sorightthatpicis.

yay, french new wave.

children with angels

Godadrian's "needlessly superior attitude" seems to me just to be starting and contibuting to intelligent discussion about movies (surely what this site was created for). He never attacks anyone unprovoked, and when he does respond he's doing it in a much more level-headed, rational way than a lot of other people do (I remember someone saying "you are cancer").

And the typical response to this would be to say "he has no sense of humour - we're only having fun" - well he seems to want to just have fun too, but if someone starts attacking him for no reason other than the fact that he has a damn good knowledge of movies, is gay, and objects to bigoted attitudes - then he has every right to respond, maturely and fairly. He doesn't act superior to anyone unless they assume a superiority over him: where has he called anyone on their lack of knowledge on film? Or their politics, without due reason?
He treats Xixax.com like a 'discussion board' rather than an 'insult board'.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sleuth

I appreciate Godardian
I like to hug dogs

MrBurgerKing

I love Godardian too, but he's no whopper.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: children with angelsI remember someone saying "you are cancer

Someone actually said that?

Gold Trumpet

I think Godardian's great myself. I also think a lot of people here are intimidated by discussion and resent some people for it and mask their complaints in other forms.

Opinions are only opinions, nothing more.

~rougerum

Ernie

Godardian's the best thing since me. I didn't even know who carax was before this thread so I can't judge him or her.

Quote from: MrBurgerKingDavid O'Russel? why did you list his name?

Ummm...Three Kings and Flirting With Disaster...

Quote05. Darren Aronofsky

Can't believe I forgot him. If Pi had been just a little bit better, he would have been up there with PTA, Wes and DGG...he's fucking great.

godardian

Quote from: _|P|_
here's the thing tho, we like carax, we don't like ur needlessly superior attitude.

Silver Bullet doesn't count in 'we'., u both belong to the group who are the worst part of the any e-community.

"the interweb is a place for highbrow correspondence bewtixt likeminded individuals of only the most proper upbringing."

That's funny, but I don't think anyone who felt like that would have tried to start a Strangers with Candy thread.

From the things you're saying here- "Silver Bullet doesn't count... we don't like," etc., it's tempting to draw the conclusion that, were Xixax a country, you would be the one guarding the border and shooting down any undesirables you didn't want in "your" country. You're being much more exclusive than anyone. It's not going to work, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it is sort of ugly.

Your first words to me, ever, were "Ur a joke, dude," before I knew who you were or any of your opinions about anything. It seems to me you're merely resentful of me. You can blame me if you want, but I think you're just upset that you don't have as many words as you'd like to express your feelings/opinions, or you're too lazy or disinterested to bother trying, and you're angry at people who do try. It's petty.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

godardian

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI think Godardian's great myself. I also think a lot of people here are intimidated by discussion and resent some people for it and mask their complaints in other forms.

Opinions are only opinions, nothing more.

~rougerum

Exactly. I expect some healthy disagreement and even some heated discussion- we all obviously take our responses to films personally and somewhat seriously, that's why we're here- but I'd hoped it would mostly be about film. I'm here to learn and share (that sounds awfully Pollyanna-ish, but it's true). There are plenty of movies I haven't seen and stages of film history and clues about film-making I have no idea about, and there seem to be at least a few people here who have seen things I haven't, who are aware of things I'm not aware of, etc, and who are eager to discuss. That's my idea of fun, and if someone wants to roll their eyes at me or think I'm too precious about some things, I can handle that. The seriousness and eagerness I have toward the subject of cinema probably is a bit out of proportion- why else would I be here?- and that can be funny. Just got through replying to a post saying how I feel like The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons, the way I get excited about movies. I do have a sense of humour and some perspective.

Then there are the people who are full of pent-up something-or-other and need a place to act like aggressive, small-minded jerks. I don't think I'm needlessly superior, but more than enough people here are needlessly aggressive and rude.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Cecil

Quote from: godardianYour first words to me, ever, were "Ur a joke, dude," before I knew who you were or any of your opinions about anything

yeah, hell do that. if you stop moving, hell lose you

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: _|P|_Silver Bullet doesn't count in 'we'., u both belong to the group who are the worst part of the any e-community:

I don't see how sticking up for someone against unreasonable abuse makes me the worst part of an e-community. I think your unreasonable abuse makes you the worst part of an e-community.

And for the record, I do not wear a monocle.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

godardian

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI love Godardian too, but he's no whopper.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked, "Where's the beef?"

Oh wait... that wasn't the whopper... was it?

I am, however, proudly flame-broiled.