Scorsese/Boogie Nights

Started by thedog, May 06, 2003, 10:41:14 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MrBurgerKing
Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: MrBurgerKing
Just remember, McDonalds has sold over 99 billion orders.

it's actualy 98 billion not 99 -- im right youre wrong.

98 billion, 99 billion, what's the difference?

a billion is a big difference. do you think theres a big difference between 0 dollars and a billion dollars -- why dont get your facts straight before you claim to be the burger expert  -- id never trust a morsel of food that came from your spatula.
...your excuses are your own...

MrBurgerKing

First I wanted to get one thing straight. I hate McDonalds. You have to have some standards in this life, and McDonalds is not a standard anyone should have. If I had a choice, I'd go get a job at McDonalds as a cook. I want to personally be the downfall of McDonalds. I plan on becoming a chef and putting a live rat into a Big Mac. When the lucky customer who eats the live rat sues McDonalds for billions, they will go out of business. Mission accomplished.

As for your analogy, you're wrong.. that's all there is to it.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MrBurgerKingFirst I wanted to get one thing straight. I hate McDonalds. You have to have some standards in this life, and McDonalds is not a standard anyone should have. If I had a choice, I'd go get a job at McDonalds as a cook. I want to personally be the downfall of McDonalds. I plan on becoming a chef and putting a live rat into a Big Mac. When the lucky customer who eats the live rat sues McDonalds for billions, they will go out of business. Mission accomplished.

As for your analogy, you're wrong.. that's all there is to it.

hey, lets not step on anyone toes here. im just trying to help you get your facts straight -- if you slip up on simple buirger facts, people are going to start to question your authority -- i dont want that to happen. question hot shot -- there is a rambunxious line of cars escalating at the driver through window -- the burgers on the grill are burning, the oil in the fryer is overflowing -- do you rush the food? this will obviosly lower the quality of the burgers... do you take your sweet time and let those angry patrons at the drive through window bake in thier car, so you can  make "the perfect burger" ? what do you do hot shot, what do you do?

MrBurgerKing

Hmm.. Let's face it though, if you're going to eat at McDonalds, you're not looking for quality. As a McDonalds worker, I'd take my sweet time making those cheeseburgers (As the anti-christ of McDonalds, I'd need to make them wait and delay the clogging of their arteries). Let's say I'm working at Burger King though, I'd try and find some middle ground between rushing and quality. Maybe I wouldn't fine tune their order (ie - putting the traditional one french fry in an order of onion rings, and one onion ring in an order of french fries), but I'd make sure it gets done in a reasonable amount of time with good quality.

Imagine though, a huge line at the drive-through. I'd tell a good friend (and fellow McDonalds hater) to order a meal through the drive-through, and drive away afterwords without paying or getting the food. Now guess what... everybody's order in the drive-through is going to be the person in front of them's order. That'll really F McDonalds. Imagine 10-20 cars coming back to complain that their order was wrong.

cowboykurtis

i havent eaten fast food in 2 years -- but i must say, i'd take a whopper over a big mac any day of the week.

MrBurgerKing

Why though? (not why do you prefer the whopper.. that is a given. I think most people prefer the whopper.. Most, except for the select few out there.. Anyway, true story -- I once dated an overweight woman out of pity. Yeah, I felt sorry for her. Unfortunately, she ate at McDonalds quite often. I became so fed up that I told her to choose between me and the Big Mac.. yep, I'm single.)

Pubrick

this is why u suck, burgerboy. thread killers.
under the paving stones.

soixante

PTA was very young when he did Boogie Nights, and young artists usually display their influences strongly.  Nobody exists in a vacuum -- you have to be influenced by something, why not other movies?  Scorsese, the ultimate film scholar, calls upon his bank of knowledge constantly, using shots from other directors, but doing it in his own style.  Same with Schrader, and De Palma, and Tarantino.  So PTA's in good company.
Music is your best entertainment value.

oakmanc234

Replies from MrBurgerKing that include needless talk about burgers. How unexpected..........(side burger note: I love McD's, Burger King etc but Wendy's reign supreme)

My favourite praise to PTA from a director is when Spielberg said that PTA is THE BEST (of the new directors). THE BEST. I sure hope PTA heard/read that (imagine Steven Spielberg saying that about you!!!!!!).

Does anyone else remember that exact quote?
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
QuoteLets put it this way, if he was a preteniouse film school douchebag he would not have used " sister christian" in the BEST scene in the movie, he would of used a tom waites song.
No, let's put it this way. If you weren't the prentious "don't need to go to film school" douchebag you are, you would have realised that film school works for some people, doesn't work for others, and that your comment was childish and pathetic at best.

im very childish, but im cute look  :-D

seeee

thedog

i love how the topics on this board start on one topic and end up at a completely different topics.... But still keep you interested. Brilliant.

MacGuffin

Quote from: oakmanc234My favourite praise to PTA from a director is when Spielberg said that PTA is THE BEST (of the new directors). THE BEST. I sure hope PTA heard/read that (imagine Steven Spielberg saying that about you!!!!!!).

You mean the one that Marty McSuperfly posted on page one?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: oakmanc234My favourite praise to PTA from a director is when Spielberg said that PTA is THE BEST (of the new directors). THE BEST. I sure hope PTA heard/read that (imagine Steven Spielberg saying that about you!!!!!!).

You mean the one that Marty McSuperfly posted on page one?

under the paving stones.

oakmanc234

No, not the one that Marty McSuperfly posted on page one (funny guy)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'