Letterman and G[uest]HOSTS

Started by Newtron, March 25, 2003, 11:11:12 AM

Newtron

The show's gone to hell. Shingles, rehab, bizarre penis-zipper incident, wtf? Meanwhile the guest hosts have been worse than I expected, although it'll be good to see what crazy senile shit Bill Cosby does.

Best so far: Will Ferrel, Bonnie Hunt and Vince Vaughan.

Total snoozefest: Brad Garrett.

Anyone ever seen a ghost? I find myself staying up late watching reruns of cancelled classics ... Freaks and Geeks was a potential classic, but killed at such an early age, dark funny poignant shit. TV really is better than it thinks it is, can be and has been. So many ghosts.

*sigh* this episode ended with the dad telling the kid (reading Crime and Punishment) to not stay up too late... now it's back to war coverage.

Pubrick

Quote from: NewtronSo many ghosts.
indeed.

mog, the thing with dave i don't think is about his eyes anymore.. the shingles i think is like a viral infection that causes breakouts of weird shit all over the place. or sumthin.

i still watch tho, out of habit.. and bonnie hunt is MILF.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

I think they ought to let that kid Michael Essany host it once. That guy who has been doing a late night talk show since he was a teenager on public access, he has a show on E! now I think. Anyways, at first he annoyed me but now I like him. Give him a chance.

Dirk

Nah, they need Biff to host the show.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

RegularKarate

I haven't caught many of the shingles episodes, but I saw the first half of the Paul Schaefer one and it was looking pretty shitty.

Wish I would have caught the Will Farrel.

I thought Freaks and Geeks was good shit... it was a shame what happened.

sickfins

these ghosts were made for
talking

siiiiick fiiiins calling newtron stop ghost hosting must be stopped stop do not re·sus·ci·tate stop

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaiThere's two reasons according to the source, one is that he might lose his sight. And two is the death of his friend George Miller. I dunno if this is true but if so I think it's going to be sad without Davey. Who's George Miller?
really, i didn't know it was that serious about his vision.

George Miller was a regular on the show, and had this eye twitch thing. funny guy.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

First off, I think (not sure) I read somewhere saying Bonnie Hunt never had kids.

Second off, Lettermann was never that funny to me. Late night talk show hosts have some kind of disease about making an unfunny personal incident for the show into a 5 minute monologue that is suppose to be funny. Conan O'Brien is the worst when he wastes 5 minutes beginning of every show commenting on how he was either booed, cheered or got no reaction from the audience. Leno is the most sustainable. For me, the funniest late night talk show host was Dennis Miller, even if his show was on HBO.

and i hear rumors Lettermann is coming close to packing it up anyways. A very good friend of his and fellow comedian recently died and he has been having more health problems and realizing the daily grind of the show so he may be giving thought to ending it soon.

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetFirst off, I think (not sure) I read somewhere saying Bonnie Hunt never had kids.
yeah, i meant she looks old and i'd hit it.

Leno the most sustainable? u are braindead. dead in the fuggin brain.

it'll be sad to see dave go, i thought he'd ride out his contract for 2 years or whateva.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Really sad to See Dave call it quits, but at least it's now and not pre-heart attack Dave... he was so sick of the show before the heart attack, it just seemed like he hated doing it... after the attack, he came back seeming a lot more grateful for the show and it's better that he quits with a good taste in his mouth (and ours).

Who's gonna take his place though.  O'brian's on the wrong channel, but the only one worthy of the slot (the idea of Kilborn moving up is disgraceful).  

Leno is an unfunny whore.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RegularKarateWho's gonna take his place though

Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart.

©brad

letterman- funny, sad to see him go.

leno is about as funny as cancer.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: RegularKarateWho's gonna take his place though

Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart.

nah. maybe bump conan into leno's spot (?)

Sleuth

Jon Stewart CANNONT take Dave's spot because he is the best host for The Daily Show.  Yes, I know Stephen Colbert is great too, but we need Colbert to remain a correspondant, his pieces are always the best.
I like to hug dogs

Duck Sauce

Yeah, Id like to see Conan bumped to his spot. I like Conan a lot better and he has the best music guests. This way I wont have to stay up so late to watch it