KARMA, FATE , whatever you want to call it

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 26, 2003, 02:44:43 PM

gjg 4 REEL

i dont know if im alone on this, but i believe every little thing we do as human beings has been written, and eventually will come back to you. i tend to notice these things more often than opther people, maybe its because i pay more attention, i listen. has anything ever happened to you and you think FUCK! why did i do that?  if only i did this , then this wouldve happened and everything in my life would be great. of course you have, everybody has, and have you ever thought that if you had the power to change that little thing you did, what would happen? would it be against your destiny, would everything go wrong, are we stuck on this one path that we are not alowed to leave or our lives will be a living hell? people are connected, whether you like it or not, everything in our universe is connected without most people knowing it , all of your actions, down to the way you think, can affect anothers life even drastically.

i want to do a movie about a guy who has the power to change his 'fate' or what have you. its not like he goes back in time , like that cheesy movie where the guy hits the homerun and hes a millionaire (remember that). i think that this guy has the power to see things before they happen, he doesnt have visions, just deep internal feelings and these feelings guide him in the right path or sometimes the wrong path. he is somehow connected to the writers, the writers up above, who keep track of every single organism in our puny world, he has been gifted by them this power, and if he doesnt follow the way they have shown him, he - along with many others lives with be changed forever,
 it might be a hard subject to grasp , but take some time to think about, no matter what you think , i really dont care, if you are reading this post right now your life is changing, it constantly is, and this is they way people are connected, lets say i write this and some kids thinks im absolutely right but has never heard it been put into context before, that changes you, lets say you read it and suddenly hate me for such an idea, im changing your life. im not saying im some magical prophet or anything, all of us have this power as humans, we live by it every day, some just happen to recognize it more than others.

Weak2ndAct

You're very observant... :roll: Did you just start reading philosophy books recently or what?
You just described the plot for "Mr. Destiny" (yes, that homerun movie) and the upcoming "The Butterfly Effect," which is about someone who is able to go back and change events in the past and it effects everything in the future.  There are plenty of movies about this.
My advice: write something you know about personally, something in your own life that you can shed light on.  Every story's been written before, it's just what you add that makes it your own.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Weak2ndActYou just described the plot for "Mr. Destiny" (yes, that homerun movie) and the upcoming "The Butterfly Effect," which is about someone who is able to go back and change events in the past and it effects everything in the future.

Don't forget the Time Machine!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

kotte

I don't know, people seem to like your high-concept ideas but I feel your looking for 'the cool idea' more than character.

I'm not saying high-concept films are bad but they should somewhat evolve from the characters.

I used to do that too: "Is this cool?", "Has this been done before?"
It has been done, but as said, you have to put your own spinn to it.

gjg 4 REEL

Quote from: kotteI don't know, people seem to like your high-concept ideas but I feel your looking for 'the cool idea' more than character.

I'm not saying high-concept films are bad but they should somewhat evolve from the characters.

I used to do that too: "Is this cool?", "Has this been done before?"
It has been done, but as said, you have to put your own spinn to it.

im not looking for 'the cool idea' at all,  i love most of my ideas, but im too much of an idiot to actually develop the plot and character, i procrastinate too much..

and these are just rough ideas im spitting, i wish i could actually give you some insight on the thing to let you know its all me but i havent written anything 'big' yet,

whens mr butterfly comin out?

***beady***

I think it is a good idea, but there has been tons of films already done.
But you could give the whole destiny thing a spin, like 'Groundhog Day', where the poor guy gets tons of chances to change his destiny, until his proper destiny unravels.