Jazz

Started by Pedro, April 22, 2003, 10:00:01 PM

Pedro

So anyone here dig jazz music?  I do...especially Bebop stuff...the hard bop of coltrane rocks and rolls.  I love it.  In more modern Jazz im into Medeski Martin and Wood along with The Bad Plus.  It's all cool stuff.  I find myself listening to more and more jazz as time goes on.  It always takes a few listens for me to really love a jazz album...sort of like with radiohead or something.  It takes a few listens to fully realize all that is going on.  

Soo...anyone have thoughts on the artform?

Sleuth

I'm not extremely into jazz, but I like it.  Something I do is to not think of music in genres, rather I just listen to music and I like it or I don't.  Categorizing can get messy...
either way, I like jazz
I like to hug dogs

OmegaSlacker

I like Jazz. Coltrane's "After the Rain" is one of my favorite songs. Same with Herbie Hancock's "Cantaloupe Island" (it was sampled in Cantaloupe by Us3 that was popular some years back).  I'm more into Jazz singers as opposed to the instrumentalists. Louis Armstrong (natch), Etta James, and Billie Holiday always tear the house down in my opinion.
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.