I normally like ________, but in...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, January 02, 2004, 11:21:22 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This is much like the other one, but the opposite.   Just say I usually like "this actor" but in "this movie" I didn't.

I'll start with...

Phillip Baker Hall in Bruce Almighty

Robert Deniro in Analyze This (I liked Analyze That, however)

Harrison Ford in Six Days, Sevn Nights
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

myadopteddaughter

mmm, mmmm good

godardian

Quote from: myadopteddaughterdamn it! don't remind me

She did it for the money, and she was so honest about it. Good for her. Got paid more for that than for any of the work she really wanted to do, but the former allowed the latter.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pookiethecat

i actually liked evolution.  it was genuinely funny.  julianne moore's clutz routine wasn't very appealing, but she was a fetching comedienne.

i'm gonna have to say madeleine stowe in we were soldiers...boo!  partially cuz she got major plastic surgery and looks unrecognizable.  

sigourney weaver in the map of the world (sorry that's two disagreements with godardian in 1 post, yikes, i'm gonna get my ass whooped).

philip seymour hoffman in punchdrunk love- (an overall hamfisted, underwritten character, not exactly phil's fault, but still, he annoyed me and i think penn would have been better).

winona ryder- mr. deeds.
i wanna lick 'em.

MacGuffin

Michael Keaton in "Jack Frost"
Kurt Russell in "Tango & Cash"
Johnny Depp in "The Astronaut's Wife"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

kevin spacey in everything he's done since american beauty.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pkevin spacey in everything he's done since american beauty.

Holy shit, you're dead on. Almost five years since he's given a good performance, or at least since he's starred in something worth watching. His upcoming role as Bobby Darin could be killer though.

You could say the same for Robert de Niro, since Ronin (I thought it rocked, anyway), he's been pretty dead. I mean, yeah he was funny in Meet the Parents, but nothing difficult for him (I do like how he delivered "I've got nipples, could you milk me, Focker?")
WWPTAD?

©brad

pacino in everything since any given sunday.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ©bradpacino in everything since any given sunday.

I thought he was really great in Insomnia, it's one of my favorite performances of his.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblor das ManhörenHis upcoming role as Bobby Darin could be killer though.
yeah, killer to his career.
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

Jim Carrey in "The Majestic"
Sylvester Stallone in "Spy Kids 3D"
Kevin Spacey in "The Life of David Gale"
Kate Winslet in "The Life of David Gale"
Laura Linney in "The Life of David Gale"
Mark Ruffalo in "In The Cut"
Jason Lee in "Stealing Harvard" and "Big Trouble"

i could do more...but i'm crying...haha
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

david lynch in dune..
corey feldman..in bordello of blood
sean penn in hurlyburly(wasted cast)....and one of the worst adapted for a film
.tom hanks.in bonfire of the vanities
..i can't think of any more right now......

Chest Rockwell

Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring
Adam Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love
Emily Watson in Breaking the Waves
Jennifer Connely in A Beautiful Mind
Bill Murray in Rushmore, Lost in Translation
Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Secretary
Nicolas Cage in Adaptation
Naomi Watts in Mulholland Dr., 21 Grams

doh!

ono

I don't think you understand the game.