Fact...or fiction?

Started by imawombat, August 01, 2004, 08:53:13 AM

coffeebeetle

I know Panda.  I'm hesitant to believe this too.  More concrete evidence please...I've never trusted rumors.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

cine

Quote from: coffeebeetleI know Panda.  I'm hesitant to believe this too.  More concrete evidence please...I've never trusted rumors.
When was it implying this was only a rumour?

imawombat

hmmm...

well, the michael penn/jon brion part sounds like its pretty plausable.

if its slated to begin shooting in january, it would have to be in the trades pretty soon...
these things do happen

Jeremy Blackman

With the "grumpy politician" thing, it does seem unlikely that he would have found his actor so close to shooting.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: imawombathmmm...if its slated to begin shooting in january, it would have to be in the trades pretty soon...

Until I see it there, it's a rumor to me.  I'd rather not take seriously info that comes from "a friend of a friend" type of source.  That's all.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

modage

Quote from: imawombatwell, the michael penn/jon brion part sounds like its pretty plausable.
actually i thought that was the givaway.  why would he bring michael penn back after 2 films?  plus the jjl just seems too obvious...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

he's going to shoot the movie in january to february. and he'll work on it for a year or so and release it in fall of 2006. don't count cannes out! does all this sound very familiar? anyone?

ono

Or maybe it's because He needs me he needs me He needs me he needs me He needs me he needs me
Dah de da da da da da da da da da Dah de da da da da da da da da dah

coffeebeetle

The excitment is certainly palpable in this thread... :)

ABKman18

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: imawombatwell, the michael penn/jon brion part sounds like its pretty plausable.
actually i thought that was the givaway.  why would he bring michael penn back after 2 films?  plus the jjl just seems too obvious...

I'm not saying its not a giveaway, but why not bring back michael penn?
They're good friends, and maybe he wants to do another project with him.
I mean it makes total sense for him to be involved in any or all of his projects.  It seems he likes to use the same people -- production or actors -- and keep it within the same family.

ABKman18

Quote from: coffeebeetleThe excitment is certainly palpable in this thread... :)

yeah, we really really really badly want another PTA film.

Fernando

Quote from: mogwaihe's going to shoot the movie in january to february. and he'll work on it for a year or so and release it in fall of 2006. don't count cannes out! does all this sound very familiar? anyone?

Haha, actually I think you nailed it, if I were the most optimistic PTA fan out there, I'd say that if he has the script done and some preproduction, the earliest we could look forward is a december/2005 limited release with a wide release in january, BUT, that's being too optimistic, so I think mog got it right.

imawombat

Quote from: ABKman18
Quote from: themodernage02

I'm not saying its not a giveaway, but why not bring back michael penn?
They're good friends, and maybe he wants to do another project with him.
I mean it makes total sense for him to be involved in any or all of his projects.  It seems he likes to use the same people -- production or actors -- and keep it within the same family.

that's what i'm saying.  exactly.  and he does seem to use a lot of the same people, especially when they're good.
these things do happen

modage

he hasnt used michael penn in 2 films.  why would he go back to him now?  jon brion has obviously been doing the job by himself.  i'm just saying, that to me made it sound like bullshit.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

alls i'm saying is i'll believe it when there are quotes from paul in an actual publication. until then, i really don't give a hoot. or a holler.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls