Do I even like movies?

Started by Derek, September 09, 2003, 08:18:23 PM

Ravi

Looks like Modage got handed a special edition DVD of You Got Served.

SiliasRuby

I never thought this thread would go to 5 pages but here we are. It is really getting vicious in here. Losingthehorse-you will find quite the dirverse community here at xixax. Most of the time we make fun of each other, but it is all in good fun. I made the mistake early on for putting 'I agree' way too many times and now I'm labeled as that on here. So, what I do here is basically get information about movies and read the jabs that others take at me, especially Pubrick, I don't take it seriously because I know it's not the end of the world. I really hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope none of us have really offended you in any way.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Tryskadekafobia

w/o horse

By taking it personal I just meant that I thought some people were seriously trying to make an argument or enforce their opinions.  I wasn't offended.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

pete

Quote from: RaviLooks like Modage got handed a special edition DVD of You Got Served.

that makes two of us!

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

socketlevel

Quote from: Walrus?I never really thought about selling my DVD's, then I read the "I sold all my DVD's" thread and figured I could do without a few of them.  I pawned off a bunch, and then picked up some movies I had been meaning to buy.  I think it's better to have a sharper, tighter collection than keeping every DVD that comes your way.

agreed!

but seriously LTH how could you sell north by northwest and the excorcist.  some of the others sure, but i watch those two at least once a year.
the one last hit that spent you...

Find Your Magali

I got rid of the The Exorcist and I already regret it. My problem is that I'm much more likely to keep obscure foreign films over great domestic films, during the times when I do slight winnowing of my collection. I just can't part with the stuff that nobody else has ever heard of!

w/o horse

Two stories, one sarcastic and one true:

Sarcastic:  One time I went to watch The Exorcist, only I accidentally put in a video of my root canal last fall.  I didn't realize my error until after about thirty minutes in when I was like "hey, this is when I should be getting incredibly bored."

True story:  The first I saw The Exorcist I rented it from Hollywood video.  My sister and I had really wanted to watch it so we get all ready, wait for the night, turn off the lights and put it in.  Only it wasn't The Exorcist, it was Striptease.  The DVD had The Exorcist sticker on it and everything, but it was Striptease on the DVD.  Super weird.

As for North by Northwest, it's just not nearly my favorite Hitchcock.  Not nearly.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Losing the Horse:
Sarcastic:  One time I went to watch The Exorcist, only I accidentally put in a video of my root canal last fall.  I didn't realize my error until after about thirty minutes in when I was like "hey, this is when I should be getting incredibly bored."

That's pretty exaggerated... Exorcist wasn't that bad...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Weak2ndAct

Sarcastic: you're a fucking douchebag.

True story: you're a fucking douchebag.

As for North By Northwest, you're a fucking douchebag.

w/o horse

Those are great points Weak2ndAct.  You've impressed me with your intelligence and articulation.

Sigur Rós

Why did you just edit that post? Articulation?

w/o horse

Because my original post was a cheap shot.

Also, articulation is "2: the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made."  The way he expressed his idea through words to convince me of something.  You guys don't have that word across the ocean?

pete

haha you and your sister waited 'til night and turned down the lights to watch Striptease together.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton