Reverse Mag/Shot

Started by Adam0199, March 19, 2003, 10:56:25 PM

Adam0199

Shooting a scene on 16mm where I want to make it look like a person is cleaning their apartment effortlessly, ie. forks and spoons and plates being cast into proper shelves. Has anyone had experience with designing and executing certain shots? How exactly did you do it? I'm using an Arri-S and also have access to a Bolex. I know the upside down Bolex stuff but think I'll run the film in reverse using the Arri.

Thanks
Adam
Brian De Palma “Repeat yourself-only better.”

I knew that if I had the chance to direct a film that it would be an unpleasant experience, which it was and still is and never ends because one has a million chances to control things and people. Especially people and things, things and people. Controlling people . . . it's just hateful, it's the most horrible thing in the world and I'm very vindictive and unforgiving and punishing and it's horrible. And I knew I would be sucked in and I would have to control the food at craft service and I would have to control everything and if one thing didn't go right I would have to punish everyone. -Vincent Gallo

Ghostboy

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but it sounds pretty painstaking. Are you planning on having everything attached to a wire or something and yanking it off the shelves? Is it all going to be one shot? are the items supposed to fly directly from the character's hands to the shelves?