Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

greenberryhill

Al Rose Promotions is having some trouble with the marketing of the film. :shock:

budwillies

Well, I think it is offically called Phantom Thread.  Focus Features have put it back up on their website.

wilder

This is going to make the PT vs PT abbreviation infuriating from now on

wilberfan

Quote from: Drenk on October 13, 2017, 08:05:32 AM

Doesn't PTA cut his own trailers? Then: selling the movie to our grandmas is the way to go.

Someone commented elsewhere that Warner Bros cut the "Inherent Vice" trailer in the US, but that PTA got to do his thing in the trailers that ran abroad.  (I thought the (US) Inherent Vice trailer abominable...)

wilberfan

Quote from: budwillies on October 13, 2017, 12:38:40 PM
Well, I think it is offically called Phantom Thread.  Focus Features have put it back up on their website.

http://www.focusfeatures.com/phantom-thread/

Anyone else having trouble clicking on the link to "Sign up for 'Phantom Thread' film updates"?

Drenk

Quote from: wilberfan on October 13, 2017, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: Drenk on October 13, 2017, 08:05:32 AM

Doesn't PTA cut his own trailers? Then: selling the movie to our grandmas is the way to go.

Someone commented elsewhere that Warner Bros cut the "Inherent Vice" trailer in the US, but that PTA got to do his thing in the trailers that ran abroad.  (I thought the (US) Inherent Vice trailer abominable...)

I don't think so since the trailer is an hommage in a way to the trailer for the book. And Joanna Newsom is narrating the trailer. I think it's all PTA.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Jeff Wells brought up in Xixax... lol

polkablues

Let us quickly go back to forgetting that he exists or caring what he says.
My house, my rules, my coffee

csage97

Quote from: KJ on October 13, 2017, 07:44:07 AM
the master, the phantom thread... where are the amazing titles like punch-drunk love and there will be blood?

I personally love Phantom Thread as a title ... although I agree that The Master as a title sucks. What's so bad about Phantom Thread?

Anyway, I hope the title confirmation is happening because a trailer is coming really soon.

ono

Quote from: wilder on October 13, 2017, 12:51:26 PM
This is going to make the PT vs PT abbreviation infuriating from now on
Maybe, maybe not.  He's always been PTA to me, so it won't be too much of an issue, I think.

Lottery

Goddammit, I got excited and looked up the font not realising it's a generic font used across the website...It's from the Spectrum font family.

axxonn

Not sure about the title.

Just Withnail

If the actual title card is something like this, I feel the title might be perfect:

Drenk

But he's not Tarantino. He prefers time travel to nostalgia in terms of filmaking. I warmed up to the title; the word phantom is, after all, at the heart of his last movies. Nostalgia lives through the characters. It hurts and haunts.
Ascension.

velociraptor

Love the title. I also love "The Master" as a title, though. Yeah, TWBB and PDL are more bombastic, but I don't think that makes them inherently (heeeheheehee) better.