Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

Cloudy

keep getting these psh related feelings from this one, before even knowing what it is

Gold Trumpet

I have a feeling Phantom Thread is going to stick as a title.

jviness02

Quote from: Vicko99 on September 21, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
Quote from: jviness02 on September 20, 2017, 06:30:04 PM
Alright, I know how bad this looks, being a first time poster posting SPOILER details, but I can tell you that DDL's character is named Reynolds Woodcock(classic Paul), the film is mostly about an artist and his muse and it has a "Gothic, moody" vibe. Based on what I know, this reddit poster may be telling the truth.
Can you confirm (or deny) this rumoured plot:
Spoilers- DDL plays a pretty misogynist fashion designer who meets a young model, falls in love, and she hooks him onto drugs and they develop some sort of master-slave relationship, with him as the submissive.

I honestly don't know. All I was told was it focused on the relationship between an artist and his muse. That can obviously mean a ton of things.

Sleepless

If Paul's still looking for a title, maybe The Distressmaker would fit?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

I'd go with Fifty Dicks of Shade.
Ascension.

Sleepless

It'd be a reference only appreciated in the UK, by how about S&M&S
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

They need to release something soon otherwise I'm going to continue making really bad puns.

Yes

Quote from: jviness02 on September 21, 2017, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: Vicko99 on September 21, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
Quote from: jviness02 on September 20, 2017, 06:30:04 PM
Alright, I know how bad this looks, being a first time poster posting SPOILER details, but I can tell you that DDL's character is named Reynolds Woodcock(classic Paul), the film is mostly about an artist and his muse and it has a "Gothic, moody" vibe. Based on what I know, this reddit poster may be telling the truth.
Can you confirm (or deny) this rumoured plot:
Spoilers- DDL plays a pretty misogynist fashion designer who meets a young model, falls in love, and she hooks him onto drugs and they develop some sort of master-slave relationship, with him as the submissive.

I honestly don't know. All I was told was it focused on the relationship between an artist and his muse. That can obviously mean a ton of things.

Is it screening at AFI or Fantastic Fest? Also, are the rumors that DDL assisted in story and producer also true?

jenkins

this is known of AFI Fest --

AFI Fest is an awards season launchpad, just 'cause it's in LA
Ridley Scott's 'All The Money In The World' will premiere
a major opening and closing premiere always take place
Spielberg and Linklater also have movies coming out
IV played AFI fest during its release year, but not as a premiere, which premiere occurred at the NY Film Festival

Yes

Quote from: jenkins on September 22, 2017, 05:56:44 PM
this is known of AFI Fest --

AFI Fest is an awards season launchpad, just 'cause it's in LA
Ridley Scott's 'All The Money In The World' will premiere
a major opening and closing premiere always take place
Spielberg and Linklater also have movies coming out
IV played AFI fest during its release year, but not as a premiere, which premiere occurred at the NY Film Festival

Linklater is opening NYFF, and the film releases Nov 3rd.

Spielberg's film is a possibility but it's still unknown if it's finished yet. Could just skip all fests.

Eastwood has a new film and he/WB really enjoy AFI, so secret screening is in the cards, but it still might not even release in 2017.

AFI opens Nov 9th and the film has yet to announce. Not many others are possible. Murder on Orient Express opens the next day on Nov 10, so it's unlikely to be the opener.

jenkins

i can't imagine they'd want to play a film which receives a wide release during the festival dates, in re to Murder on Orient at AFI. is NYFF all booked? and there's the other one, some other big festival which i can't currently remember, and might be a possibility.

i'd wanted Linklater :/

Yes

I would love if he did those random popup roadshows like he did for Master and Vice

Yes

https://twitter.com/jasonosia/status/911394210984681472

QuoteJason‏
@jasonosia
There's a rumor going around the forumsphere the new PTA is Picture Locked. Where could it premiere? Fantastic Fest? NYFF secret screening?

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/911398746805592064

QuoteKyle Buchanan‏Verified account
@kylebuchanan
Replying to @jasonosia
I've heard this too

NYFF is apparently out of the question, but it's nice to have confirmation that indeed the movie is coming along nicely and seemingly locked!

ono

Good possibility that this place started the rumor.  Heh.

Yes

Annapurna is releasing Wonder Woman biopic film on Oct 13th, and Annapurna was involved with this so I'm keeping my eye out for a trailer around then